1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump will be a disaster for NATO!

BTExpress likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Susan Collins is barely a Republican and is particularly far from the loony-toon social warriors on issues like gay rights and women's rights. I like her a lot (of course!), but she won't be the one to lead any sort of groundswell.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No, it's not a groundswell, but with members of Congress, military folks, former CIA directors, and people like Tom Ridge...

Think about how much more this kind of internal opposition is than USUAL.

When's the last time something like this has happened to this level ?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh, never. I think the letter from the 50 security people was especially powerful, but all of them breaking from their party has been a big deal for sure. It's just that it isn't even news anymore when Susan Collins breaks from the party.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Closest I can remember is McGovern in '72.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wonder who would feel like a big deal, and potentially start Rick's snowball.

Not Ayotte. That's probably coming. McCain had his chance. He's not flipping.

Pat Toomey?

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As if we actually needed more proof that hardcore Republican voters in the south are completely disconnected from reality:

Clinton leads in North Carolina, but the big news is, 41% of Trump voters think she's the devil

Some highlights:

• 69% of Trump voters think that if Hillary Clinton wins the election it will be because it was rigged, to only 16% who think it would be because she got more vote than Trump. More specifically 40% of Trump voters think that ACORN (which hasn't existed in years) will steal the election for Clinton. [...]

• -48% of Trump voters think that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton deserve the blame for Humayun Khan's death to 16% who absolve them and 36% who aren't sure one way or the other (Obama was in the Illinois Legislature when it happened.)[...]

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe this has been stated before but I was listening to FiveThirtyEight podcast. Apparently over 280 electoral votes are in the hands of States where Republicans control the election function of the State government. (270 needed to win)

So if the election is rigged, it will be the first time since December 9, 1941,when the US declared war against Germany, that Democrats and Republicans worked together.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Someone who would feel like a big deal is Chris Christie.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Enough with the fat jokes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.