1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hillary's 2008 campaign exhibited proper grammar and punctuation ... oh, and she wasn't obviously a raving narcissistic nitwit.

Herself is as crooked as shit. As @cranberry says, she's spent her life trying to make things better for those who are less fortunate. The only fly in that ointment is that she defines the "less fortunate" as those members of the lefty elite who don't have as much power/money as they might otherwise have. The deal she and Bubba set up with the Clinton Foundation is as sleazy and crooked as it gets ... and it's only one of many their grubby, slimy little fingerprints are on.

The real shame of this election is that in the mother of all collective action problems enough quasi-righty morons managed to push over the nomination finish line the one fucking guy who could make Herself look better by comparison.

SpeedTchr, YankeeFan and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  2. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Pointing out Hillary's similar bad behavior is not defending or excusing Trump's.

Most here refuse to acknowledge that she is also a reprehensible human being.

Less reprehensible than Trump? Sure.

But that is not a bar the overwhelming favorite for POTUS should have trouble clearing.

BTExpress likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is there any chance that Barack and Michelle don't hate Bill and Hillary? Any chance at all?

How pissed must he have been to see that Sid was still advising her -- and was on the foundation payroll -- after he forbid her from hiring him at State?

But, he's her number one cheerleader now.

Sad.

Maybe he can join a support group with Paul Ryan.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How many times has the moronic Clinton Body Count conspiracy theory been dredged up in this thread now?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And she apologized. When is his apology forthcoming? What did Paul Ryan have to say about it?

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

It does indeed suck that our choice is Hillary Clinton against somebody who absolutely, positively, unequivocally cannot be allowed anywhere near the entrance of the White House. I won't defend Clinton's actions in the 2008 primary, but they're at the outer bounds of "just politics." They never included calls for violence or outright contempt for a family who lost a solider in a war. That's across the "just politics" line and into a place that our nation should not be led. It's that simple.

I've been at the front lines of "That's just Trump being Trump" for most of this campaign, but he's found my line where I can no longer just say that's Trump being Trump. That was a call for violence, and no amount of verbal twisting can change that. That's not "just politics," not in the United States. I'm frankly surprised that there has not been more outrage against this particular Trump salvo.

Double Down likes this.
  7. Hokie_pokie

Oh, she apologized. That changes literally everything.

8. Dick Whitman

I'm not even particularly outraged by what he said. It's not surprising. He'll say whatever he thinks might garner laughter or applause in front of a particular audience. I'm just, at this point, fatigued by this fucking idiot's penchant for saying anything, at any time, without a moment's thought put into it. This moment is simply too big for him.

9. Hokie_pokie

I get what you're saying. I don't want to live in a world with Trump as POTUS any more than you do.

But I don't think that means we have to sit back and accept that a corrupt, compromised, bought and paid for politician must be elected and take the oath for the most powerful office in the world next January.

Many people are saying the GOP should dump Trump. I'm all for that. But the Dems should get rid of Hillary too.

How about we agree to a do-over on both sides?

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

There's a good chance I'll be all-in for her primary challenger in 2020.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She apologized after initially defending it, when continuing to defend it was politically unpalatable.

Which is the way she's always dragged, kicking and screaming, to the point of apology.

How fucking noble.

If you're supporting Clinton, please, just don't pretend you're taking the political high road.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Of course not. Again: There is literally nothing that she could do - nothing - that would convince me to vote for her opponent. Nothing. Let him go serve a term in the House. Or a state house. Let him spend one day in elected office, and then get back to me. I'm not going to be a party to handing the highest office in the land to someone who became interested in politics at age 70.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.