1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton ran a campaign in 2008 that targeted "white working class voters", promoted racially themed arguments, and speculated about a potential assassination of her chief rival.

But, somehow, she's different than Trump.

Keep kidding yourselves folks. She's an awful person, and Tom Friedman should be ashamed.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not hiring him for this job any more than I'm hiring my bank teller to perform my surgery.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

She has more intellectual heft than your average 4-year-old. She IS different.

And, odds are, she won't bring about nuclear holocaust within days of taking office. So, there's that, too.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, bc she's actually qualified to do the job, whereas he's unqualified. She has held positions throughout government, and has watched firsthand in two administrations how things are done in the White House. What the fuck has he done other than rabble rouse the base in the hopes he can not get humiliated as bad as Goldwater. He's DOA and people who support him are morons.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This about sums it up for me:

Former Rep. Chris Shays (R-Conn.) was pro John Kasich while the Ohio governor was in the running, he said Wednesday morning on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“Hillary is my next choice. Not hard to figure out. Donald Trump lost me a long time ago,” he said. “He does and says everything my mom and dad taught me not to say or do, he doesn’t understand the basic requirements of being president of the United States. And frankly, he’s dangerous.”

Yeah, my mom and dad (step) taught me not to say the things and not to conduct myself like Trump does/says.

I do not respect most anything he says or does.

If you do, go ahead and do so looking straight in the mirror.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Have any educated voters learned anything surprising about HRC in the past month?
    Have any educated voters learned anything surprising about Trump in the past month?

I'd answer no to both. And I'd argue only one of them has proven themselves fit to be president.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Did she ever say Mexicans were murderers and rapists?

Say build a wall?

Say stop all Muslims from immigrating?

Did she ever mock a disabled reporter?

No. You're statement that she's the same is wrong.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

fwiw, another reason I'm convinced Trump meant the line in the worst way is his use of the "I don't know" qualifier at the end.

That little rhetorical tic has become such a Trump tell over the last year, he adds "I don't know" immediately after he lies or says something reprehensible, as if he thinks it acts as a disclaimer absolving him of responsibility for the shit that just came out of his mouth. He wouldn't have added it if he didn't know the way people would take the line.

9. Dick Whitman

The RFK comment in 2008 was a horrible thing to say, but the point she was trying to make was that you never know what can happen in a campaign. Again: Horrible example. But in no way, shape, or form was she advocating Obama's assassination or openly hoping for it.

10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

His parents must have also taught him to play it down the middle. I've never seen a politician
    ride the fence better than he did during his time in Congress

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"Donald Trump lost me a long time ago."

And, yet, you're only saying so publicly now.

Now, when Trump is trailing badly in the polls, and you don't hold elective office.

Pretty brave.

If you continued to support Kasich, after he was mathematically eliminated, instead of getting behind Cruz, when you had such worries about Trump, you're an idiot.

12. Dick Whitman

Yep. It's his version of, "I'm just fucking with you!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.