1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Great. Trump can run for mayor of New York City.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's look at Hillary Clinton's same day clarification of her RFK remarks.

She doesn't apologize. She defends them, offering only "regret" IF the Kennedys found them offensive.

She sure as hell doesn't apologize to Senator Obama.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Then what Trump said was OK.

Why is "They do it too" an acceptable defense in politics but it doesn't work as well in the real world?

4. YankeeFan

It's funny. Left-wing Twitter was pushing back against any criticism of the Orlando killer's dad attending a Clinton rally, and scoring a prime seat, in the camera shot.

"The father isn't responsible for the sins of the son." Etc.

Will they now express disappointment in Hillary as the campaign had a now disavowed his support?

5. YankeeFan

Who's using it as a defense of Trump?

It was a dumb thing to say.

Why can't you admit that Hillary is an awful person, willing to say or do anything to win the White House?

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Paging @RickStain

7. Dick Whitman

I have no idea if she is an "awful person" or not. I don't know if Donald Trump is an awful person, either. What's more, I don't care. He's unqualified and unfit for the presidency.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your concern for the president is noble.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My point is that coming from the business world isn't and shouldn't be an automatic disqualifier, but I would definitely consider not having any public service/policy experience to be a major problem to be overcome. Experience in both worlds could be seen as an advantage if you're accomplished in both and not, for example, Mitt Romney.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's the crutch of sports talk radio listeners. Say something critical about their team and they respond with "Yeah, what about your favorite team? Huh? Huh!?!"

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Two roads diverged in the woods, and I, the traveler, reluctantly chose the middle road (for the high was not available)
    As opposed to some friends, who felt party bound to follow a psychopath through the sewers, where he ate rats and advocated anarchy
    And that has made all the difference.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Do you really want to start a war based on which candidate's Twitter followers are bigger morons?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.