1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Here's the question to pose to Dems:

A magic genie has given you an option. You can substitute Donald Trump for, say, Mitt Romney in the presidential race, today. The only catch is that Romney is guaranteed to win. Would you do it? Would you agree to that switch?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If that was the argument against him, it would be tough to argue.

Instead, he's literally been accused of treason. Of being a Putin stooge. Of all kinds of ridiculous things.

Yours is the best argument against him, and where a clear distinction can be made versus a curupt, career political player, and awful person.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If it's not a defense, why bother bringing it up?
    It's not relevant.
    When somebody does something wrong, it does not matter who else did the same thing.
    I don;t know her well enough to know if she's an awful person or not.
    As best I can tell, between the two of them, she's the sane, competent adult who actually has relevant experience to the job she's seeking.
    But if you want to say both sides do it, I only see one side that seems to want to lock up or execute its political enemies.
    Obama hasn't done that, but it seems like Trump is all too willing to hold show trials of Clinton, Obama and others, then lock them up or execute them.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Should have asked it two weeks ago, when 538 had the race a virtual toss up.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm a dyed in the wool Democrat, raised by Democrats, liberal to the goddamn core, and if you put Mitt Romney up against Hillary, I'd probably vote for him. It would be difficult, but I'd would probably do it, if at least to send a message to my party that I wasn't happy with them. (And I didn't even support Sanders.)

You know why?

Because I have some integrity. It's a shame you would rather spend your days advocating for this walking, talking, piece of filth out of party loyalty.

Yes. I'd rather have someone I disagree with in office, albeit someone with honor and integrity, than risk the chance Trump's violent, racist Jabba The Hutt character completely destroy the United States.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

No, it's more interesting now, when she's probably going to win, but not quite guaranteed to win.

8. Dick Whitman

I have been very consistent, for a very long time, that my case against Donald Trump is that he doesn't know anything.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I think Romney would probably make a good President. ..... yet I would have a hard time empowering the talk-radio cons who have demonstrated - by their nomination of Donald Trump - they need to be kept well away from the levers of power.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You would not vote for Romney even IF! You sound like oop now.

And "completely destroy the United States"? You in a social media hyperbole contest?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought your case was he's going to win.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You're full of shit, Justin, but at least you're honest. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.