1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you ever think of anything interesting to say, in any context that doesn't involve Jason Isbell or the Bears, I'll be happy to respond to it.

I have no interest in responding to any of your posts on politics.

You are not particularly informed, insightful or articulate on literally any of this. At least the conservative posters you play lackey for are fun to spar with.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The tragedy of this election will be that Trump will be treated as an outlier and the GOP as a whole will not be held accountable for the utter recklessness that allowed him to emerge and thrive.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is fair. I forget sometimes how much my honorable friend Yankee wants to ban Islam.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

(Blushes)

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I win!

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There is no line. To board Democrats no Republican (or non-Democrat for that matter) would be acceptable as president.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. But we're weighing this against the 20 percent chance of Trump becoming president. Are they all willing to lay that bet down?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Doubt it. You'd be trading a 20% chance of "something that cannot happen" happening ... for a 100% chance of "something that cannot happen" happening.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ugh.

Separation between Church and State is a cherished concept for the left. And, while nearly every Christian in America respects the concept -- wanting only religious liberty -- the left constantly tries to beat Religious conservatives over the head with their perceived infractions of it.

Yet, they defend, and infantilize, Islam. Adherents to Islam draw no distinction between Mosque and State. To them, Islam isn't just a religion. It's also a political system, and a legal system.

And, it's incompatible with Western democracy.

Worship whatever flying spaghetti monster you want. But, I don't believe we can integrate observant Muslims into our society any better than we could successfully integrate adherent German Nazis, Soviet Communists, Italian Fascists, Iraqi Baathists, or Afrikaner supporters of Apartheid.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There's a huge difference between someone being acceptable for political purposes and Trump who is unqualified to be anything but an infomercial pitchman, talk and game show host.

If there's a 20% chance he gets elected there will be a 20% chance he becomes the last President of the USA

The issue is whether we'll be in an economic depression before he launched a nuke or he doesn't wait and launches before that

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Still blushing?

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Meanwhile, Trump is coming up in FOURTH PLACE among black voters. How's that minority outreach going, conservatives? "Hey, the National Review published Tom Sowell, what more do The Blacks want?!?!?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.