1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

See I prefer we judge each person as an individual, instead of casting all people into one kettle or another, to be treated with equal disdain.

I mean, I know plenty of Muslims who operate just fine in our Democracy - including the distinction between Mosque and State.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Including elected officials. Gotta love YF bringing back the circa 2003 Clash Of The Civilizations routine.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Deep down, I know DD loves me.

Songbird likes this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ignoring the big picture is always the safest and smartest course of action.

5. Justin_Rice

You don't have to be smarmy to try to "catch me" in a gotcha moment. I'll serve it right up to you on a silver platter.

I view my own personal morality - treating people as I would be treated, judging a man by his own merits, and generally trying to do the right thing - as more important than our collective national safety.

I'd rather die because I was treating people the right way, then live by doing evil. I give exactly zero fucks about whatever names you'd like to call me because of that belief - weak, cowardly, hippy, etc., etc., etc., etc.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Run with that a bit further and see where it takes you. Generally trying to do the right thing, while admirable, isn't as clear cut as you're making it out to be.

Mr. Sunshine and Hokie_pokie like this.
  7. Justin_Rice

In the case of "treat all Muslims as enemies of Democracy who should be expelled from this country" vs. "Let's judge each Muslim on a case by case basis," I'd say yes - it is pretty clear cut.

Baron Scicluna and TowelWaver like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think they've decided they "like" him in comparison to the current GOP nominee. This is a lot like polls that ask people who they voted for in the previous election. Lots of voters "recall" having voted for the winner when they didn't vote for the winner.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't speak Spanish. There rapists.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about tough guy Joe Biden, from the 2008 election, until Rush just played the clip.

And, this was about his running mate! LOL. Biden was prepared to "give him a problem" with his Beretta:

“I guarantee ya’ Barack Obama ain’t takin’ my shotgun, so don’t buy that malarkey. Don’t buy that malarkey. They’re gonna start peddling that to you. I’ve got two. If he tries to fool with my Beretta he’s got a problem. I like that little over and under. I’m not bad with it. So give me a break. Give me a break.”

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If Trump had joked about shooting Mike Pence if he tried to take his gun, no one would give two fucks, either.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Frame it however you want. At some point, if you go with it far enough, your choice to treat people as you'd prefer to be treated leads you to not treating people as you'd prefer to be treated. It's just a matter of which people and what treatment.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.