1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Uh, no, let's not.

The daughterfucker pervert lies 90+% of the the time, confirmed by independent fact-checking.

Why the fuck would any fucking fool ever give him the benefit of the doubt on anything?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Is this the quote (I haven't seen the video)? "By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. [Pause] Although the Second Amendment people -- maybe there is, I don't know."

That's only "advocating for an action" if you want it to be.

Eugene Volokh, he's one of those "Second Amendment people," and I feel fairly certain he might respond to the kind of scenario to which Trump was alluding. I doubt Herself is trembling at the thought of those amicus curiae briefs that would be aborning.

Quit pearl-clutching over things that might be hidden in the penumbras and emanations that fly forth from his stump. His straight-up words are damning enough.

old_tony likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The "but I’ll tell you what. That will be a horrible day" part is a big one to leave out, tiger.

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There was nothing hidden about it. He did not mean amicus briefs.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

God, I don't know. Yesterday, I was convinced that he was trying to make a joke about shooting her or the judges. Today, I read it and it's possible he was just rambling and trying to come back with a positive spin on what he had just said. Like, "Don't give up hope. You're a strong advocacy group." He seemed kind of serious when he said it, right? Which would indicate to me he was just rambling.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The bed of nails analogy is the best decription of Trump and his endless string of offensive things that I've read. If you lay down on one nail, it will hurt immensely. If you lay down on 1,000 nails, you cannot dicern where the pain is coming from. You are normalized to it, because there is so much of it.

There is no longer anything Trump could do or say that would inspire his people to abandon him, or even inspire the right wing press to drop the "Well, both sides do say mean things" ruse. He is their blustering racist ginger God. He is not tethered by shame or reality. He could announce tomorrow that he likes Obamacare, he's just going to call it TrumpCare and make it kick ass and millions would follow. He's either defeated or he isn't at this point. There is no gaffe or gotcha left that could change. If he tells his troll army he refuses to debate because it's rigged and Megyn Kelly or Gwen Ifill will be unfair, it will be cast as a sign of his strength. If he calls the President the n-word, people will scream "Larry Wilmore did it!"

All any of us can do is slog forward to the inevitable end, whatever that is.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A lot of it is just people cheering for the Rs or the Ds. This is another football game for many Americans.

dixiehack and Lugnuts like this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, not quite inevitable, but the probable end is that he loses handily. So it isn't all doom and gloom.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

One byproduct of his candidacy, win or lose, is that a large percentage of Americans won't be "shamed" into acting like decent human beings anymore.

HC likes this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Message board posters no longer forced to play with pixels, if you will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.