1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Snark artists are fair game too.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Espresso machines!

Double Down and Songbird like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I mean, I guess it's fine. It's politics. But I hadn't heard anyone drop the "H-bomb" in a while is all.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Now Trump's done it! I can't believe he's actually arguing for President Obama to be deported. That's how anyone with a working brain would interpret the B-H-O remark!

HanSenSE, old_tony and Hokie_pokie like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Specifically in conjunction with the claim he founded ISIS. He's retired the dog whistle in favor of a civil defense siren.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"We're slashing prices at Trump-Pence 2016. Yuuuuuge savings on a 'membership' card. It's true. Believe me, this is a great deal and I know great deals. I know the BEST deals. Nobody knows deals like me. By the way, you know what's not a great deal? The cost of ammo these days, amirite Second Amendment people? They love me. The NRA loves me. Anyway, this membership card was $200 but now you can get it for $72. That's a savings of 74 percent or something like that. Whatever it is, it's a great deal. The best deal!"

Stoney likes this.
  8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Thank you for your intellectual honesty.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Aside from its offensiveness, that's just such a stupid campaign tactic, far more likely to repel the middle voters he needs to the other side than attract them to his. Does he not realize the Republican primaries are over?

And, beyond Trump, the entire Republican establishment seems to have missed the memo about Obama being pretty damn popular right now. His approval ratings are the highest they've been since the day after Bin Laden was killed. The party's focus on relentlessly campaigning against Obama sure looks like a losing strategy to me.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is not a campaign. This is your racist uncle touring the country and eating fast food and making speeches.

Lugnuts, YankeeFan and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Donald just wants to be liked.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The economy is good, unemployment is down, the sitting president is popular. So the only recourse that the opposing party has is to squawk about gun rights and being tough on terrorism, while dog whistling to the racists. It's their only play and it's why he's doomed and so are a lot of GOP candidates who don't distance themselves from this obvious stupidity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.