1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Then your in the wrong column. Friedman thought that the invasion of Iraq was a good idea also.
    Why ? Because we could. His words not mine.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Earthman, aren't you confusing Friedman for Al Gore?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I said I agree with this one column, not every word he's ever uttered. The wrong column? What's that mean?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Get me out of this fucking election, will ya? What do I gotta say? That Obama has a worship altar to cheese fries? That I regularly have business summits with goats and giraffes? That Hilary shoots dice at the MGM? That two meth blasts is part of a balanced breakfast? What?

5. Earthman

Relax. Just having some fun and perhaps break up the monotony of all Trump / Clinton all
    the time on this thread

6. Earthman

Hah - Friedman / Bono/ Al Gore ..... All the same. Easy to confuse.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It'll require Fucko's current downhill slide to become a full-fledged death plunge, and it'll also require the Dems to wrap him around the necks of the GOP like a 10-ton rusty anchor.

So pretty much every Dem candidate for everything down to dogcatcher needs to get out and blast Trump with an absolute nuclear assault of blistering attacks, and of course also accuse the lower office candidates of being his dupes, pawns and puppets -- force them to either defend him or disavow him.

If they can do this successfully enough, and Dumpf continues his Hindenburg / Titanic World Tour, the House could be flipped. But it's still a long shot.

Lugnuts likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

18 months ago was Feb 2, 2015. The down ended the day 17,862.
    It ended today at 18,613. That's a 4.2% increase in points.

But those dow 30 companies give dividends. With dividends reinvested, the dow is up 8.3%.

You don't go by price change, you go with dividends reinvested.

Invest in a Dow fund, or an S&P 500 fund. Find out.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I've always liked Naomi Klein's lecturing from the climate-controlled ivory tower.

Earthman likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Where do you get off having fun? This is the politics thread!

Double Down and Earthman like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Coupled in the wagering with the clip Wolf Blitzer played from 2007 when Trump throws W., Cheney and Rice under the bus for their handling of the war.

It's like he decides positions by wetting his finger, sticking it in the air and saying "Which way is the wind blowing today?"

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.