1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What was wrong with what Kerry said?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No. It was Kerry who pulled the class move. @Alma was busy reading scripture and tut-tutting about how evil the right is ...

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Google it ... You might figure it out. I doubt it, but you might.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. I see now that was Kerry.

Did Edwards also reference her homosexuality in the VP debate, or was it just Kerry?

5. Baron Scicluna

In other words, nothing wrong except for Republicans whining about being called out for their homophobia.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

"I like Baron, who's an idiot, but I'm sure he'd tell you he's doing the best he can, and I respect that."

old_tony likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Nothing idiotic about it. The vice-president's party said his own daughter should not be allowed to marry the legal adult of sound mind that she would wish to marry. Asking the vice president how he can reconcile with that is a legitimate and fair question.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Edwards didn't say "Mary, who is a lesbian" the way Kerry did. He just segued from a gay marriage point to say "I think Lynn and Dick love their daughter very much." And Cheney grumbled "Yes, we do. Thanks very much Senator." Gwen Ifill tried to prod him a bit "That's it?" and Dick tersely said "That's it."

Basically, the world would have been a better place had someone swung in on a rope and grabbed Gwen and whisked her to safety while both Cheney and Edwards were sucked into a black hole and never heard from again.

swingline likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ok. That's what I was remembering.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's fun watching an entire roster of Ds being brought up in an attempt to excuse the statements of one R running for POTUS.

Trump said this outrageous thing. Yeah, but this D said something similar! Trump said that. Well, what about that other D who said this!?! Trump said this other thing. WHY ARE YOU IGNORING A THIRD DEMOCRAT SAID THIS!?!

If you need a laundry list of Democrats' mistakes, gaffes and stupidity to balance out Trump, then you're showing just what a buffoon he is.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think he is typical of huge numbers of Republicans at the grass roots, yes. There are a lot of miserable, bigoted authoritarian assholes, and they have found their champion. I don't see why we pretend otherwise.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.