1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I also like the natural logical extension of Tony's point, which is that the Bushes are better people because they grew up before everyone carried a camera with them at all times.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Sorry your subreddit got shut down, bro.

[​IMG]

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So the answer is 'never'?

4. old_tony

I love how when the lefties don't have a point they feign ignorance. This isn't about the Bush twins or Malia. Teens gonna teen.

This is about how the media treats the two stories so incredibly differently. I'm sorry that's too difficult for the lefty mind to understand.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't know why we have to play this stupid game, but whatever.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. old_tony

Thanks for proving my point. Now show me a mainstream outlet that ran the pictures of Malia's booty flash or joint toke. Or even mentioned them.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So that story ran in the New York Post, the hateful little bible of the right. Let me know again how liberals are to blame.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I seem to recall GWB signing a Status of Forces treaty in 2008 that required our troops to leave Iraq by 2011.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. old_tony

The Bush twins stories ran not just in the NY Post, but EVERYWHERE. Malia's booty flash and toke ran nowhere but on conservative internet sites.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I am loath to enter this sewage pipe, but the difference, Tony, is hypocrisy. That's when both the media and regular people pounce.

Obama smoked dope, and has never said he didn't. He's never told anybody else not to smoke dope. Nobody in their right mind gives a shit that his daughter smoked dope at a concert. She's a teenager who didn't ask for any of her fame. She's allowed to be a teenager. It would be weird if she didn't smoke dope.

The Bush sisters got it because their father was supposedly a family-first, super moral Christian Texan who told plenty of people how they should live their upright lives. Well, now look at what his daughters are up to!

Same with Larry Craig's wide stance. And I'll point out here, relatedly, that Donald Trump is reluctant to show his tax returns because he knows his absence of real wealth is the one thing that will sink him. He's not as rich as he wants people to believe, and the hypocrisy inherent in that lie is the one thing that could possibly turn his still-ardent supporters against him. Then he's not a liar anymore, but a phony.

And even idiots can't abide a phony.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

What the fuck are you smoking?

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Quite a lot of dope, tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.