1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just because it's sj.com: "You only cover us when we insult you."

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nobody's excusing a goddamn thing. Rather, we're simply pointing out the idiocy of St. @Alma et al. regarding this "mean and hateful right."

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

If either of my sons were 18 and either got an alcohol citation or were photographed smoking weed, I'd be disappointed, particularly if I were paying for their schooling at the time. If they got in legal trouble for either, I'd add on my own punishment.

I also wouldn't pretend it made them shitty people, since I and pretty much everyone I knew did the exact same things, every weekend, at their age. If people impugned their character for dancing at a concert, which is what actually happened in Tony's so-called "ass flash" video, I would have a hearty laugh with them at the sad people in the world who focus on stupid things. Legally speaking, there's exactly zero difference between what the police caught Jenna Bush doing and what some random Lollapalooza attendee saw Malia Obama doing.

I've been utterly consistent on this, by the way. Go back and read the Manziel thread. I was wrong about the depth of Manziel's problems, but the Bush twins clearly didn't have that kind of problem, and I very much doubt Malia does, either. Teenagers being teenagers, like I said from the get-go on this.

When my little brother was 19, he got drunk one night and decided to drive to his ex-girlfriend's house. He only made it a few blocks, and fortunately, all that was hurt was his car. That's objectively way, way worse than anything any of the presidential children in question did. Tony, care to sit in judgment of my parents? Their sons are now a lawyer (not me) and a married father of two who works in middle management. I'm sure that one incident means they did an awful job with us and have zero morals, though.

HanSenSE and FileNotFound like this.
  6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And while we've devoted way more posts to this than the subject warrants, are we really pretending that neither Bush twin ever smoked pot or danced in a suggestive manner? Are we doing that kind of mental gymnastics here or just the other kinds we've already seen from Tony?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Where are all the pretty flowers? Jesus. Even one bed of red tulips would do wonders.

Lugnuts and Earthman like this.
  8. Songbird

20120913_102125.jpg

9. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Fixed

10. Songbird

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And he's going to lose much worse than Romney did.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You might not be excusing things, but others most certainly are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.