1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Just let them live. It's working for France.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think one reason Jeb did so poorly in the primaries was that many Republican voters feared a Clinton-Bush race would have the same ending as the first one. I think they were probably right, too.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good list. Cruz is an interesting hypothetical depending on if you assume he beat Trump in the primary or if Trump had never run. The former is probably really close because there would be a lot of people who'd say "he's way more sane than Trump. We dodged a bullet. The latter he probably loses, but probably not a 2008 blowout.

Jeb might win if for nothing else than voter turnout would probably be really low. Bernie supporters would not have been galvanized to rally to Hillary to beat Trump and probably don't vote. Independents see it as "do I want my shit sandwich traditional or progressive flavored" and not vote either. With a lower turnout, Jeb probably wins.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

And as we all know, if you don't like Hillary, you hate all women.

SpeedTchr, old_tony and Earthman like this.
  5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Well one body down.
    Julian Assange suggests DNC staffer was shot dead for being a ‘source’

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think she'd have won easily against Rubio and Kasich, too.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How can you claim this is a thought-out analysis if you haven't checked out the kids? God knows some of those Republicans have kids -- maybe even grandkids -- who could be run through the wringer. Think of the tweets! The memes!

old_tony likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It's interesting to consider what would have happened vs. anyone but Trump. Rubio was just a product of polls and perceived demographics. He can't even manage his own household budgets, but he's Hispanic, from Florida, telegenic, well spoken, educated on the issues, etc. Unfortunately he got spooked by Trump's bullying and was shown to be a lightweight -- one who even now is supporting Trump's candidacy. What a party stooge. The whole lot of those guys -- Romney, Rubio, Christie, Gingrich -- are products of bygone political system. At least Bush has the cajones to say screw Trump. And why? Because his political career is essentially over. He won't be elected to any office. Meanwhile, his own son came out in support of trump. I'd fucken disown that kid.

Lugnuts likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think this is about right.

I'm not sure Kasich beats her though. No negative money was spent against him. They'd drive his unfavorables up.

Bush probably gets beaten easily. He couldn't fight back effectively against Trump, a guy he hates. I don't see him fighting back well against Hillary's team. Plus, his last name.

Rubio was the one shot in the group.

Double Down likes this.
  10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

How about Biden vs Hillary in a Primary ? Who would have come away with
    nomination?

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine went to law school with George P.

Lot of skeletons there. Even if they stay buried, how to you kneecap your old man like that? Have some pride, bud. You're a Bush! Skull and Bones!

Rubio's turning cur on Trump is one of the most pathetic political calculations of all time. Trump embarrassed you, punked you in your own state, you said he was the most vile man to seek the presidency, then you went into hiding and eventually support him even though he's going to (in all likelihood) get boat raced on election day?

If you're Rubio, how do you ever run for president again? How do you ever answer the question: Why were you too much of a coward to stand up to Trump, but now you want to lead the free world?

Lugnuts, LongTimeListener and Stoney like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.