1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

None of this accounts for the fact that she had a giant lead in fundraising and organization. And I don't think the $27 true believers were going to fall in love with Joe the same way they did Bernie.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

By "winning the south" I mean she gets more popular votes than Biden even if it is by one or two thousand per state. Even like in the northern states, they split delegates.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Take out "Conspiracy" if you want but you certainly can't deny that that the body count
    list of those that have been associated with The Clintons is fairly lengthy.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

White democrats -- Cran expected -- have issues with Hillary.

African-American Dems love the Clintons. They only chose Obama over her because he's African-American.

Biden would have split the white and/or anti-Hillary vote with Bernie.

And, Hillary would have still won.

Biden has no history of winning African-American votes. He's from fucking Delaware. And, when he's deployed on the campaign trail, it's to places like Scranton, where Regular Joe appeals to white working class voters.

Hell, even as a VP candidate, his job was to reassure white voters that Obama wouldn't take away their guns.

amraeder likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There's a lot of assumptions made here including the big one that Biden agrees to run. Assuming Biden does run, he probably makes the decision earlier in the process to get fundraising dollars. Bernie supporters might not have flocked to Biden but Biden probably splits the "mainstream" Democratic vote but ends up winning anyway. He probably didn't run A) because he wanted to be closer to his family after the loss of his son and B) probably looked at his realistic chances given his late start in fundraising and decided against it.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ummm...

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No more lengthy than a list of dead folks "associated" to any other couple in their late 60s.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yet, nobody can seem to articulate what these real issues are and they're going to overwhelming elect her president.

Yes, turns out being an avowed terrorist traveling around Yemem with al-Qaeda leaders is only slightly less dangerous than being a young black male in the inner city.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Um, what?

Delaware's entire population is less than a million people. It's about 21% African-American.

He gets no credit as the VP, running with Obama, for attracting African-American votes.

When he does campaign before African-Americans, he embarrasses himself, telling them Republicans who want to put them back in chains.

Obama chose Biden, despite his "clean, articulate" comments, because he knew he would win the African-American vote big. He needed Regular Joe to help with white working class voters.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You're better than the @Baron Scicluna approach -- "X is inarguable because nobody can make an argument that I'd accept". Plenty of reasonable people have articulated plenty of reasonable concerns about a Hillary Clinton presidency. That you don't share these concerns doesn't make them any less valid.

Hokie_pokie and Stoney like this.
  11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Thoughts on integrity are priceless when they come from Telenovela Tony.

doctorquant, LongTimeListener and JC like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In the sense that, after an evening town hall with Marco Rubio you think "yeah, I could vote for this guy," I agree.

But he just doesn't have the work ethic, the day-after-day grinder's mentality. To put it into sports terms, he can recruit but he can't develop worth a shit.

Bush, who was similarly-wired, had grinders around him. Cheney's a grinder. Rove's a grinder. I don't like em but - and everyone knew this about those guys - you didn't walk into a room unprepared for them.

Now, if Rubio had for some reason picked Cruz, then maybe. Now, I hate Ted Cruz. But he'll put in the work. His wife will, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.