1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, after he had wrapped up the nomination, and it was clear that Hillary Clinton would be his general election opponent?

That demonstrate LOVE?

Who would you expect them to support?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

BREAKING NEWS: We've identified the problem with soccer.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Eh. Define smart.

She's wonkish, for sure.

But I get nervous when we start throwing around "we've ever had" or "in American history."

Lincoln had the knowledge and the sense. And he was honest !

We've had a lot of brilliant candidates over the years... And a lot of stinkers.... (Harding jumps to mind) ....

The nice thing is, we're getting more candidates who are not white men, so it opens up so much possibility when it comes to these kinds of discussions.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

None of them does julienne fries or is dishwasher safe, either.

dixiehack likes this.
  5. Lugnuts

Earthman likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You really doubt that she's smart? She's one of those people I would be scared dickless to work for at my firm. She's pretty fucking smart.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A combination of innate intelligence, education and political instinct. Surely smarter than every other candidate running for president in all parties and any of those who didn't run yet people insist (Biden, for example) would have been better candidates.

8. Lugnuts

Yes, but that's not saying much.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think that's saying a lot. She's a great candidate and untouchable in terms of qualifications for the office of president. We didn't "settle" for HRC; she's the best person and that's why she ascended.

She's a far better person and will make a far better president than her husband, too.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If you lived in America and followed the news, you might think differently.

old_tony and Earthman like this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

But like most elderly people she's not very tech savvy.

old_tony and dixiehack like this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh of course she's smart. I'm smart. You're smart. @cranberry is smart. This notion that she knows all, though ... c'mon. She knows how much an hour of unskilled labor should cost. She knows how companies are blowing opportunities to be more productive. She knows (this is a favorite) how to mitigate traffic jams at intermodal freight transfers. Give me a fucking break.

Oh, and I wouldn't blame you for being scared to work for her. I hear that can be hazardous to your health! :D

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.