1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Saw this one on vacation in Florida. Gave me such a warm, comforting feeling about the owner.

[​IMG]

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nope. But I think it suggests their differences with HRC are primarily policy based. For example, a lot of folks don't like that she's pro-choice or pro-immigration reform or supports gay marriage or won't cut social security or tear apart other parts of the social safety net. I think those things tend to color their overall assessments of her.

Lugnuts likes this.
  3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nearly 200 people died and the Americans weren't able to leave where they were staying. You call that safe?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not Starman. even as a kid, he was smarter than me.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've seen that too. Gives me a bit of a boner.

cjericho likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

That death toll is Chicago on a good weekend. Think our resident Chicagoland posters still go out.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Why Do So Many Americans Care More About Benghazi Than About The Iraq War? | The Intellectualist

"I don’t understand the disproportionate focus on a half day in Benghazi vs. more than a decade in Iraq.

When people say they just want the facts, I think: We still don’t know when the decision was made to invade Iraq, or who was involved. We still don’t know why the intelligence was so warped.

We don’t even know how many Americans died in Iraq, because there has been very shoddy record-keeping on contractors’ deaths.

Yet some people, many of them in Congress, keep on calling for more info about Benghazi. What am I missing?

I asked some smart friends recently. One, retired Army Col. Charles Krohn, wrote back that:

“Tom, it’s easier to understand the simple (Benghazi) than the complicated (Iraq). On the scale of misleading the Republic into acting against its best interests, however, Iraq is a million times more shocking, exactly as you suggest.

There’s another issue, somewhat sensitive. A lot of us (me included) supported the war in Iraq because we believed the WMD argument, especially after Colin Powell embraced it. So it’s a trifle embarrassing for the masses to acknowledge we were manipulated. For those who lost life or limb, embarrassing is hardly an appropriate expression.”

Baron Scicluna and Smallpotatoes like this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I will never understand the obsession with Benghazi. I get it from the YFs and o_ts of the world. But there are far bigger issues to spend our resources on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.