1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't dislike him. I don't like him either. I'm still trying to give him the benefit of doubt. It fucking infuriated me when his aide said that mothers in Baltimore were having their kids eat lead paint on purpose so they'd qualify for government assistance, but he didn't say that so I've tried not to hold it against him. I don't like his demonization of Baltimore, in general, or the way he seems to cavalierly act and assume his decisions (like deciding not to go forward with the Red Line metro expansion; refused to give money allocated for heroin treatment) won't have a real affect on poor people. But I really disliked the way the Democrats just assumed Anthony Brown should get to be the governor. He ran one of the worst campaigns of all time, and he deserved to lose. I do like that Hogan stood up to Trump and said he wouldn't endorse him, before that was the cool thing to do. I feel like that required some independence. Maryland Democrats really need to get their shit together, and while I loathed Bob Erlich and was thrilled to seem him get his ass kicked, I am still hopeful that Hogan will be a positive force overall. Total party dominance in one state (even from a liberal like me) is not what I want at all.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Don't forget something important: The Religious Right cut its teeth on opposition to Brown v. Board of Education. Shameful for anybody. Especially for those claiming to be Christians such as conservative hero Jerry Falwell, who came to prominence as a Massive Resistance goon. They are the progenitors of Trumpism. They deserve much worse than they will get this election cycle. Even if they lose the White House and -- less likely -- the Senate, their party will own the House and state legislatures, in which they are enacting policies based on racial fear and contempt while continually claiming "Values" status. They have done a masterful job of appealing to those of limited intellect, and they perpetuate their hold on the country by cutting funding at all levels of education. Heaven forbid somebody should go to college, where they might learn that the Earth is really older than 10,000 years and various other things. Can't have that.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hat tip.

HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thank you for proving my point. It must be liberating for some of you to just give up on all credibility.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's because she's a better candidate.

An anti-war person will likely compromise that one ideal to vote for a person who aligns with 98 percent of the rest of them.

An evangelical "Christian" who votes for Trump is a complete sellout. There is nothing about Trumpism that aligns with Christianity.

There is no equivalence here.

Smallpotatoes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Before you go admonishing the board to not "forget something important," you might take a stab at getting a fact or two right.

old_tony, Hokie_pokie and YankeeFan like this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Hokie_pokie and SpeedTchr like this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "evangelical" Jesus-floggers, mostly obsessed anti-abortion loons, are the reason I keep pounding the "TRUMP FUCKS HIS DAUGHTER" bongo drums.

You're telling me about Jesus and you're pushing a pervert who's probably hauled his own daughter off for a dozen abortions of his own misbegotten hell-spawn?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.