1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

To the extent that Green v. Kennedy was an extension of Brown v. Board of Ed, there's some validity to the assertion.

2. cranberry

Journalists should take lessons on how to handle their fuck-ups from the stand-up way Elliotte has responded to his unfortunate CBC call in the swimming event. I'll remember that more than I'll remember the mistake itself.

HanSenSE, HC, Inky_Wretch and 7 others like this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I read that guy's Twitter feed before I read about Elliotte's miscue. I didn't realize it was a bad joke by this dude.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He used the phrase "opposition to" Brown v. Board of Ed. ... I'd let pass "in response to," but not "opposition to" ...

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Prediction

-Trump will hang in there, saying more crazy stuff, have one decent debate and then complete bomb the other two

-The GOP will try to pivot to save Congress, end up losing the Senate. They'll hold the House, barely.

-Operation "We Must Make Hillary A One Term President" will begin in earnest

-People who supported Trump will pretend they did not support him, then insist he was a liberal THE WHOLE TIME and this is why he lost

-Despite winning nearly 400 EV, the narrative that Hillary Clinton does not reflect the will of the people will emerge

-The people who gave us the disastrous Trump campaign will slither back into the shadows and the establishment types will reemerge, insisting the party is healthy and not in crisis.

-Hillary Clinton will muddle along, doing difficult work, making steady progress, then she'll be unable to resist rewarding some crony somewhere, appointing them to something that is not subject to confirmation, and Drudge and Fox will sound 7 sirens and declare it worse than Watergate

-Republicans will regroup and win back a bunch of seats in the House and Senate

-Ben Sasse or someone like him will be cast by the media as the savior of the GOP

-Ted Cruz will win Iowa again

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

7. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Likely that Hillary will win but Trump and Julian Assange will leave her
    so badly tarnished that she will limp through her entire 4 years.

8. cranberry

Trump and Assange won't do any real damage because they have nothing but, sure, she will get the same obstructionist treatment from Congress that Obama has received. Because she's a Democrat.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The way the left have turned Assange from an idealistic hero, exposing wrongs, and fighting for openness, into a Russian backed villain, looking to upend our election has been fascinating to watch.

You'd never know how widely admired he used to be.

old_tony and Earthman like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Before his connections to Putin came out.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. I'm going to need a fact check on this:

12. cranberry

Is the Obama administration part of the left of which you speak?

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.