1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Let's say Herself actually follows through on her pledge to offer an amendment that makes moot the Citizens United decision. Would you agree with those who would characterize such a move as an attempt to re-enact the Espionage Act of 1917?

It is true that the Religious Right got its start opposing some policies that followed some reactions to Brown. That's not the same as being in opposition to Brown.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The article popped up again somewhere in the last couple of weeks, which is why I caught my attention on this thread. I haven't re-read it today, but I remember thinking at the time that parts of it were a stretch. But I didn't want you to think his claim came out of the wild blue.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Soooo... 2 of the 3 couples they profiled.... The Trump voter ultimately changed his mind...

Nice try, NY Times !

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But contrary to what Hillary Clinton alluded to last fall, there is no concrete “evidence” that discredits Broaddrick’s rape claims.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting that, @YankeeFan. I'm so informed now, I'll be sure not to vote for Bill Clinton.

/TVcirca1992.

Baron Scicluna and YankeeFan like this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think Starman was once (or more) raped.

7. doctorquant

No, not out of the wild blue. Clearly some of the cases that drew the Christian Right out were related to Brown. But to say that Brown brought the Christian Right out is akin to saying that the Little Sisters were responding to Griswold.

8. doctorquant

I was amused by the fact that one of the Trump supporters is a physician on the faculty at Harvard Medical School. This of course dovetails nicely with @Starman's and @tapintoamerica's characterization of those to whom Trump appeals.

old_tony likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not like he's one of the smart guys, who teaches one of the social sciences.

old_tony likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Where's the line to go Second Amendment on this guy? [/sarcasm] Because EF.

11. doctorquant

Not everyone can be one of those ...

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Except that he's not voting for Trump. But don't let that harsh your narrative.

But the next few days saw Mr. Trump doubling down on his criticisms of Khizr and Ghazala Khan, who had appeared at the Democratic National Convention on behalf of their son, Capt. Humayun Khan, who died protecting his fellow soldiers in a 2004 car bombing in Iraq.

While that story dominated a news cycle, Dr. Stossel told his wife that, to salvage his intellectual reputation, he may have to change his mind. Soon after that, he told her he planned to vote for the Libertarian ticket — a vote that, in his view, would not matter in left-leaning Massachusetts, but one that his conscience and marriage could withstand.

“The good news is, we’re not getting divorced,” Dr. Stossel said.

“As far as I’m concerned,” Dr. Maguire said, “we’re in a better place both as a couple and as a country with one less vote for Trump.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.