1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Evan Bayh doesn't live in Indiana:

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Less than $20 a month in power bills. That's barely enough for a Netflix doubleheader.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

As of this moment, nine of Trump's last 10 tweets, dating to yesterday morning, are whining about the meanies in the media. The other one is mocking the meany Republicans who don't support him.

Cool presidential temperment, bro.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Regular Joe makes his first appearance on the campaign trail with Hillary today.

They'll be together at a rally in... wait for it... Scranton, PA.

6. YankeeFan

Well, not everyone deserves to be believed.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think the second link was more damaging, actually:

"And Mr. Manafort’s presence remains elsewhere here in the capital, where government investigators examining secret records have found his name, as well as companies he sought business with, as they try to untangle a corrupt network they say was used to loot Ukrainian assets and influence elections during the administration of Mr. Manafort’s main client, former President Viktor F. Yanukovych.

Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau. Investigators assert that the disbursements were part of an illegal off-the-books system whose recipients also included election officials.

In addition, criminal prosecutors are investigating a group of offshore shell companies that helped members of Mr. Yanukovych’s inner circle finance their lavish lifestyles, including a palatial presidential residence with a private zoo, golf course and tennis court. Among the hundreds of murky transactions these companies engaged in was an $18 million deal to sell Ukrainian cable television assets to a partnership put together by Mr. Manafort and a Russian oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, a close ally of President Vladimir V. Putin."

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm sure BTExpress can explain why the whole thing is a US plot.

dixiehack and TigerVols like this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Has anyone mentioned this gem from yesterday?

"Oh you better elect me folks, I'll never speak to you again. Can you imagine — can you imagine how badly I'll feel if I spend all of that money, all of this energy, all of this time, and lost? I will never, ever forgive the people of Connecticut, I will never forgive the people of Florida and Pennsylvania and Ohio. But I love them anyway, we'll see. I think we're gonna do very well."

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The way he saves money he could afford to be a part of this.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whoever was pitching to him better have had good control with a baby right next to him.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, when you say under oath that you weren't raped, why would you be believed now when you change your story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.