1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love Paul Manfort's response to the story in the NYT alleging he received under-the-table money from Ukraine:

"The suggestion that I accepted cash payments is unfounded, silly and nonsensical."

Why would someone accepting money be nonsensical? Nothing makes more sense than wanting to get paid.

Lugnuts likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Does he always refer to himself in the third person? And, as "The VP?"

I didn't think he was that douchey.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Private zoo? Cable television assets?
    Here's the real villain in this mess:

[​IMG]

Big Circus and SpeedTchr like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I think it's just an acknowledgment that it's not him who is tweeting.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Daily 202: Can Trump chairman Paul Manafort survive new Ukraine revelations?

"An editor at Fusion, the site owned by Univision, teased that more damaging stories will come soon:

Speaking as someone who has a story coming this week: This is just the beginning for Manafort. It gets worse. https://t.co/5KTUsIHbX1

— Adam Weinstein (@AdamWeinstein) August 15, 2016
    A Fox News contributor:

The fact that Trump has started receiving security briefings and that Manafort may have access to them is not a joke https://t.co/gQkxDLFdKB

— Julie Roginsky (@julieroginsky) August 15, 2016
    A Republican strategist in Texas:

If Manafort truly cares about Trump, he resigns by 8am tomorrow. Staff can't be a distraction. And this is a massive distraction.

— Matt Mackowiak (@MattMackowiak) August 15, 2016
    A former speechwriter to George W. Bush replied:

Assuming it is Trump to whom Manafort ultimately answers. But that’s a question now, isn’t it? Matt Mackowiak on Twitter

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

- Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook, in a statement sent at 11:11 p.m. Eastern, cited the Times story as evidence of “more troubling connections between Trump's team and pro-Kremlin elements in Ukraine.”

“Given the pro-Putin policy stances adopted by Donald Trump and the recent Russian government hacking and disclosure of Democratic Party records, Donald Trump has a responsibility to disclose campaign chair Paul Manafort's and all other campaign employees' and advisers' ties to Russian or pro-Kremlin entities, including whether any of Trump's employees or advisers are currently representing and or being paid by them,” Mook wrote.

While reading the Manafort Russian payment story, keep in mind we have no idea if @realDonaldTrump is getting paid by Russians. #taxreturns

— stuart stevens (@stuartpstevens) August 15, 2016

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this Manafort plot is based on a two-part "Law & Order" from 1993.

HanSenSE and Lugnuts like this.
  8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This seems damning, but I've been told the media lies all the time, so I'm not sure when to believe them and when to ignore them. I need the decoder ring we talked about.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

From the "Too Lazy To Look It Up" files, and because I believe it could spur some conversation: When people talk about Clinton winning in a landslide comparable to (insert recent election here), the most commonly inserted landslide wins cited are '72, '84 and '96 -- all of which involved landslide victories by sitting presidents. When was the last time there was a decisive election that didn't involve an incumbent?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's simple.

Negative about a Republican or an issue Republicans believe in? It's biased against them, filled with lies and planted by George Soros.

Negative about a Democrat or an issue Democrats believe in? It's The Truth, handed down from God himself, and any other view than it being time for impeachment and/or imprisonment for the person it is about shows you are not a Real American.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.