1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

#irony

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. This story had multiple sources, offered supporting evidence, and is easy to confirm as true or false.

The Trump/Secret Service story was reported by one outlet, had one anonymous source, and was denied by both parties involved.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL, lighten up Francis.

Also, too, "formally" has a specific meaning when a government agency uses it. But that doesn't mean an agent didn't pull Russkie Manafort aside and say "Get your boss to tone it down on the Second Amendment stuff, OK?"

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In 1980, Reagan won 50-41 in the popular vote and got 489 EV.

In '88 it was Bush 53-45 and 426-111.

ETA: And of course Obama in '08 was 53-46 and 365-173.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Did someone mention Clinton landslide?

What A Clinton Landslide Would Look Like

But the theory behind “fundamentals” models is that economic conditions prevail because most other factors are fought to a draw. In a normal presidential election, both candidates raise essentially unlimited money and staff their campaigns with hundreds of experienced professionals. In a normal presidential election, both candidates are good representatives of their party’s traditional values and therefore unite almost all their party’s voters behind them. In a normal presidential election, both candidates have years of experience running for office and deftly pivot away from controversies to exploit their opponents’ weaknesses. In a normal presidential election, both candidates target a broad enough range of demographic groups to have a viable chance of reaching 51 percent of the vote. This may not be a normal presidential election because while most of those things are true for Clinton, it’s not clear that any of them apply to Trump.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

So the president being sympathetic to the enemy is a bad thing again?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised to see you posting that ... seems to me to run counter to your depiction of Trumpism as the quintessence of the GOP.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Correct. That is not new news. That has long been a criticism against him. I can't see your Tweet on my work computer, but he lives in Virginia and has for a long time.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Denying it seems like an incredibly stupid move for Bayh, but I read that earlier story saying Dems made hay out of the GOP candidate's residency status last time, so I can see why they're very defensive about the issue. Still, it's one of the most adamant and yet least convincing denials I've seen in a while.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Words don't mean things.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump 101, right there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.