1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump makes Hillary seem as honest and selfless as Maria Von Trappe

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm sure Sean Davis can corroborate and confirm his sourced accusations better than CNN. Oh wait. He doesn't provide a source.

Inky_Wretch and YankeeFan like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So Conservative Hero Donald Trump wants an ideological purity test for immigrants that may require them to support gay rights? The Religious Right won't like that.
    What, pray tell, does Trump associate/ Conservative Christian/ child molestation apologist Mike Huckabee think of that?

Smallpotatoes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's more.

Your consistent tactic is to turn every critique into a "yeah, but they do it, too" line.

At what point do you make a value judgment and accept that, while both are imperfect, one is worse?

And maybe you think the media is worse. Maybe it's Trump. But your responses often seem to indicate that no one has ever considered the other side.

Lugnuts likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

To be fair, America's Mayor was saying there were no terrorist attacks on American soul after 9/11 until Obama took office. I mean, it's still wildly inaccurate but he didn't forget 9/11.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Then he's truly a Trumpista if someone has to explain what he really meant!

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes, Giuliani was trying to make a distinction similar to the one Trump attacked Jeb! for trying to make in the GOP debates.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This is his quote:

“Under those eight years, before Obama came along, we didn’t have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack inside the United States. They all started when Clinton and Obama got into office."

I had respect for his leadership in the wake of 9/11. Since the mid-2000s, especially lately, I think he's become mentally ill.

Lugnuts and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Pure as the driven snow. Became worth more than $100 million from "dead broke" by selling access to the highest levels of government.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Campaign 2016 won't just have lasting implications for American politics. It's obliterated what was left of our news media

I Should Coco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.