1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Drumpf doubles down on his post-fact candidacy; the Republic be damned.

Donald Trump campaign remodel: Even more conspiracy theory, fewer facts

Bannon is best known for having an antagonistic relationship with the truth and being willing to fake any video, fabricate any number, generate any lie, ruin any life, so long as it serves to feed headlines. A former Goldman-Sachs banker, Bannon championed Sarah Palin before moving to Team Trump. If there’s a Hillary Clinton conspiracy circulating, Bannon created it, funded it, or promoted it.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I did not realize that it was illegal to do business with Russia

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The whole for-profit health insurance model is broken, and has been for quite some time.

That's what made Obamacare tripling down on it so stupid.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'll let DOJ make determinations on the legalities involved. For me, the increasing evidence of a too-cozy relationship between Putin and Manafort and Trump raises the question of whether a Trump administration would turn its back on a further incursion of Russian troops in the Ukraine among other things.

Re: ACA, it appears it's having its intended effects.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/upshot/obamacare-appears-to-be-making-people-healthier.html?_r=0

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe they would actually care about the people of Eastern Ukraine, whom we have turned our back on.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lugnuts likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

I just love that...

Trump's top advisor's business dealings are very serious, and very legitimate campaign issues.

But, if you point out that Hillary Clinton's top political advisor/husband/partner in crime has questionable business dealings, runs a foundation that has ethical issues, and is, well -- you know -- a RAPIST, we're told that's all irrelevant because his name isn't on the ballot.

Convenient how that works

old_tony and Earthman like this.
  9. YankeeFan

10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I have more concerns with out govt's dealings with Iran.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

See, to me, this particular lie is about as minor a lie as there could be. His lie had nothing to do with his official duties, it was a lie about his private life, and the only people his lie directly affected was his family and anyone else who were involved with him on the subject (Lewinsky, Paula Jones for her lawsuit).

If his lie had to do with his official duties ( for example, lying under oath about knowing about an official committing an actual crime like a burglary), that's a different matter entirely. But ultimately, this was a lie about his sex life.

For those who decided this was the issue to take him down, well, that proves my point. They tried to take him down for lying about his sex life.

For those for who, the adultery was the issue, well, to me, too fricking bad. Unless he was someone whose philosophy, or his party's philosophy is to pretend to be holier than thou, what he does in his personal life, as long as it's legal, is none of our business.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If there already are prohibitions in place and the professor violated them, and there is proof of this, why would he be suing for unjust termination? It wouldn't even get past the first conference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.