1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nah.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I didn't say debt doesn't matter. I suggested there is no crisis, there has been no crisis and there isn't one on the horizon.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thanks for acknowledging that.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

O_T, the prices were already too high. The Ayn Rand disciples of the GOP don't care about that. Look what Ryan wants to do with Medicare. They want to get rid of Obamacare and go back to the so-called system we had before. Which is no system at all.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can someone photoshop Yosemite Sam driving the FraudSeeker?

Tony has been an incredibly good sport about this, btw.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love how yOsemiTe would rather be known for being a usually good poster than being liked!

7. old_tony

Insurance used to be for only major things ... surgery, hospitalization. When you went to your doctor for a cold or something minor, you paid out of pocket. When you went to the emergency room for stitches, you paid out of pocket. When you went to the clinic for a blood test, you paid out of pocket. And prices were reasonable.

Now, EVERYTHING is paid by insurance. And when the general public stopped paying out of pocket, doctors, clinics and hospitals had to keep costs down because people could and would actually compare prices. Some places are catching on to this. In my city, you can get an MRI at a hospital for $4,000 or you can to go a specific MRI place and get an MRI for $500. Someone needs to justify the $3500 price difference.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Being liked won't win any Message Board Wars, damn it.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

10. old_tony

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You're talking about the difference between 1970 and today; that's hardly something that Obamacare or even HRC's proposal in the 90's spawned.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What time frame are we talking about? At least since I joined the workforce and started paying attention (1993), insurance has paid the bulk of costs. I've never had more than a $20 co-pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.