1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm going with Jerk Store. Jerk Store is the line!

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

It's helping on some levels, but the market breaks down for emergency care that is a true medical emergency.

As for paying for routine care out of pocket, that hasn't occurred for at least 40 years, and likely longer than that.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Insurance companies used to be insurance companies. Now they're diversified investment houses focusing mostly on shareholder profits. How about becoming insurance companies that serve customers first again?

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

[/Ragu]

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In the industry, insurance companies refer to themselves as "payers." Because really what they do is pay claims.

Or maybe deny claims, but it would sound bad to call yourself "deniers."

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Those of us still alive would all know Farsi now, so there is that.

7. old_tony

Hillary's campaign called and asked you to please stop bringing up that subject.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The people who didn't want a change from the old system rightfully pointed out that if someone showed up at the emergency room they would not be turned away regardless of their ability to pay.
    The point these people miss is that they will receive a bill that they have no chance of every paying and everyone who has insurance would have their premiums go up to pay for it. The people who bellyached about "having to pay for someone else's insurance" before the ACA already were.
    I fail to see how the pre-ACA situation was better.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You mean it might get sleazier?

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I know others have made the point but Clinton should not have banged a subordinate. It is not about cheating on his wife. It is about the stunning lack of judgement to hook up with someone you have a position of power over.

At best it's bad judgement, at worst it is predatory.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm guessing Trump blamed his slumping polling on Manafort and the TelePrompter. So he brought in more lunatic fringers who support his "By the way ..." off-the-rails crazy comments.

I just hope Alex Jones replaces Hope Hicks as the media relations person.

12. old_tony

Barack Obama: Republican.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.