1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That guy who had a show on Comedy Central after South Park.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I really think the only way the pre-ACA situation was better was your premiums were probably lower, but they would have gone up anyway -- with or without ACA. They were going up every year.

The ACA has measures in it to make people better consumers of health care, which should eventually help drive down costs.

It's a tough sell to cut costs in healthcare. If grandma is 90 and in failing health, is it really worth it to treat her for lung cancer with chemo and surgery and radiation?

Maybe. But maybe it justs costs tens of thousands of dollars to make her last few months miserable.

But if you hand grandma a morphine drip and wish her the best, you get called out for "death panels."

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I miss the days when you could pay for a doctor visit with a chicken.

4. HanSenSE

I don't think it matters who is in charge. Trying to rein in Trump and keep him on message is like trying to lasso the wind.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My cousin is an eye doctor and there are a lot of Amish where he practices in upstate New York and he absolutely gets paid in chickens and jams and crops sometimes.

Tarheel316, Big Circus and HanSenSE like this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The major problem with Obamacare is that it bans the affordable products and imposes the unaffordable. You used to be able to buy a policy that covers catastrophic things only -- which is basically what health insurance policies were up until the late 70s -- and pay the small things out of pocket. Now you can't buy those. And you are forced to buy coverage for things you don't want or don't need. Those 50-year-old males sure do benefit from the maternity coverage.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why was the question out of bounds? It was a sexual harassment lawsuit.

If your friend/sister/wife/daughter worked for and sued Roger Ailes for sexual harassment, would questions about his sexual activity with employees and interns be out of bounds during the lawsuit?

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My joke teller seems to be broke.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Health insurance does not work that way. If you customized policies for every individual that took out conditions that weren't likely to affect that person, it would take a month to write each policy.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

ACA is the starting point. Don't expect everything to be perfect in the first five years.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. Fresh on my mind.

12. HanSenSE

He's a good poster and an even better member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.