1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think this is my favorite Baron argument ever.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Except the basis of the perjury and obstruction of justice were questions on sexual behavior.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The only peoeple he couldn't have sex with without it being sexual harassment were Vlad Putin and Margaret Thatcher.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If that's the case, why has the number of uninsured fallen considerably in recent years?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But he was not being asked about his sexual behavior in a vacuum. There was context.
    He was being sued for inappropriate sexual behavior. Within the context of that trial, questions about his sexual behavior, especially in the workplace, are appropriate.

The basis for the perjury and obstruction of justice charges were his answers under oath during a sexual harassment trial. The basis for the impeachment was not his sexual behavior but his responses to questions he was asked while under oath during a trial.

He wasn't impeached for improper sexual conduct. He was impeached because he possibly committed perjury and because that perjury possibly constituted obstruction.

Iron_chet likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So now Conservative Hero Trump has gone all in on bigotry and antisemitism by hiring the Breitbart guy to run his campaign. Stay classy.

7. Baron Scicluna

Sure. Then I would be more qualified to join the State Department, which, in its sexually harassment rules, lists "unwelcome sexual advances" in its policy. Nothing about consensual sex.

Sexual Harassment Policy

8. Baron Scicluna

Yes, within the context of the trial.

Not within the context of getting fired from his current job.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Read that a little policy a little more carefully. I think you skipped a few lines, especially at the end.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's a funny response, but he was referring to you spelling it "Chaple Hill" instead of "Chapel Hill"

old_tony likes this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He wasn't impeached because he's a masher. He was impeached because he possibly perjured himself during a trial.

Two distinct trials - the Paula Jones lawsuit and the impeachment.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, and his wife, I guess, when she gets elected President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.