1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or Trump.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He was impeached for the sake of politics.

Republicans just found something they could impeach Clinton on, so they did.

I guess it - and, well, the 5-4 Supreme Court vote - prevented a Gore presidency, but I'm not sure that it didn't make things worse in the long run - for the GOP, that is.

HanSenSE and FileNotFound like this.
  3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Because they're still counting the millions who signed up but never paid a premium and are now not covered as "covered."

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Does seem to be a little "kink" in their relationship already:

[​IMG]

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

RCP is always slow to flip a state one way or the other. Either out of abundant caution, or to play up the horse race.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

How? Why was nothing done to address what was fixable before disaster struck?

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Because Congress wouldn't Congress.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He was impeached because he perjured himself in the Paula Jones lawsuit. He perjured himself on questions about his sex life. Therefore, he was impeached because he perjured himself about questions on his sex life in the Paula Jones lawsuit.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The point of course being that the impeachment was because of the perjury and not the sex.

Of course, I'm sure it all woulda just blown over if Clinton had said (insert Arkansas accent here) "Oh hell yeah, we did it, and it was good. There were a few others too. I got kind of a wanderin' eye, sometimes, you know?"

I'll never forget how in late '98 and early '99, the whole smarmy incident ensnared Bob Livingston and Henry Hyde and Newt Gingrich himself. Seems like there were a couple of others. Then we landed on Dennis Hastert as Speaker of the House, and turned out he was the creepiest of all.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.