1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Baron must me very disappointed in the VP nominee. He sounds like a puritanical square.

Wonder if this came up in tv vetting process.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's not the sex, it's the perjurer. Baron's OK with perjury if the perjurer has the right philosophy. Same is true when it comes to sexual harassment ...

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

... and every other issue.

YankeeFan and doctorquant like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

His running mate may not have been pulling for resignation, but I guarantee she wanted to do something far more severe.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Baron, are you saying some kinds of perjury are OK?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I dont necessarily agree with Dick about Tony but he's bang on about you.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Point to Buck. I guess I was thinking the GOP was in try anything short of running a strotng candidate to get into the Governor's Mansion, with impeachment as the template.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK? No. But there are some kinds of perjury that are more serious than others.

Perjury about an actual crime? Sure. Perjury about duties related to the office of president? Yep. Perjury about lying about one's sex life. Not really. Roughly the level of jaywalking.

9. Baron Scicluna

Says the guy who is OK with plagiarism and cheating on tests, since you're OK with having students who cheat on their significant other attend your class.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, a lot of people under oath in front of me treat the threat of perjury the same as jaywalking (although most take the oath seriously enough that they will point the finger at someone else rather than take the bullet themselves.)

11. Baron Scicluna

It's been several days already. I gave you 10 major reasons why Republicans suck. Now do Democrats.

12. Baron Scicluna

From your own story:

"In the years since then, Kaine has spoken favorably of Bill Clinton. In a 2008 interview on CNN—when he was stumping for Barack Obama, who he endorsed in the Democratic primary—he was positive about the former president’s legacy, saying he “got us out of a malaise.”"

Yeah, he really sounds like he wanted Bill gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.