1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If all perjury is perjury, as you put it, wouldn't they all have equal punishments? Or are there different levels of perjury?

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll say it again: Please point out where I've said that all perjury must be punished equally.

3. Baron Scicluna

Are you admitting that all perjury convictions are not equal?

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You're so dumb. Stop murdering the thread 20 pages at a time with the endless stupidity and insistence to keep arguing a point you have already been thoroughly beaten on.

Big Circus, HanSenSE, JC and 11 others like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This topic was stomped into the ground twenty years ago.

Lugnuts, HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nope. Now fuck off.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Equation?

8. Baron Scicluna

Well, I suppose I could just post a bunch of poll numbers three months away from the election and analyze them to death like some people have been doing for the last year or two here, as well post as a ton of tweets from a bunch of meaningless bloviators and act like that THIS! is the thing that will destroy the opposition!

But instead, I point out Republican failures go way back beyond the Tea Party and DocQuaint insisted that he was tired of people claiming that the whole Monica thing was about sex. I've pointed out numerous times that ultimately, it boiled down to sex. Perjury? Clinton perjured himself on answers about ... sex. Obstruction of justice? Clinton obstructed on answers about ... sex.

I also point out that many things, such as perjury, is not equal. I said there were different levels of perjury, such as lying about actual crimes, lying about the presidential office, and lying about sex. DocQuaint insisted that they are equal through his "perjury is perjury" quote. I cited several examples, such as speeding, in which certain crimes, although they fall under the same definition, are not inherently equal. Not one poster on here has contradicted what I said.

Instead, all there has been is the usual "Moron", "Dumb" "Stupid" stuff. You may not have noticed. But I haven't resorted to that in this discussion. Others have. I have used DocQuaint's "perjury is perjury" logic and applied it to his work situation. That was not an attack on him, because, I assume as a professional teacher, he truly does not advocate for plagiarism and test cheating, but I used that example to show how silly his black-and-white "perjury is perjury" logic really was.

You noticed his last couple of posts? He says he didn't say all perjury punishments should be the same, but he also doesn't want to admit that all perjury convictions are not equal. He contradicted himself.

You say I've already thoroughly been beaten on this point? What specific posts have been used to beat me on this point? I'd like to know. Judging by DocQuaint's last answer, I'm pretty sure I beat him.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Does someone too stupid to know he's lost ever lose?

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That's 363 words I'll never get back.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

No, what's stupid is saying someone's lost even though they've offered nothing to prove that they've lost.

Find the posts that fully contradicted what I said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.