1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Pack it up. We're back to 2005 in here. Nobody needs that.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, no, you have no evidence. As expected.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, great, now we're back to the Red Sox being defending World Series champions.

5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Baron is some sort of parody account. Our own Sacha Baron Cohen. Anyone here know of him or communicate with him IRL? Not looking for anyone to out him. Material seems lifted from Jim Hopkins' blog and Romenesko, and pro wrestling websites.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I don't know. Seems like a typical sports journalist to me.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'll take last year with the Giants being defending World Series champions.

HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Note this: HuffPo has been running this tagline at the bottom of Trump stories ...

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You've never lost.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Dude, you've got to check out the new Barenaked Ladies CD called Stunt. Tons of good new stuff on there. It's going to be really big.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I'll get back to you when Bill Clinton responds to my request for a probing, in-depth, tell-all, no-questions-barred interview about his possible backroom motivations for bombing Iraq while impeachment hearings were going on. Should be any minute now.
    What the hell kind of evidence are you looking for? A smoking gun? Secret White House tapes of Bill Clinton talking about how he'll distract the American sheeple by dropping bombs on Baghdad?
    My point was obviously conjecture. Clinton bombed Iraq while impeachment hearings were going on. Speculation from day one was that it was to divert attention away from the hearings, even though it was sold as punishment for subverting the UN sanctions. Five years later, Iraq's repeated subversion of the sanctions was part of the Bush administration's case to go to war. That Clinton felt it was a big enough deal to use force to enforce the sanctions was part of that case, even though Clinton's decision might have been based on something else.
    Ergo, if you connect the dots in the abstract way armchair historians love to, you could make the case that Oval Office blow jobs did indeed play a role -- were not directly responsible for, but were a contributing factor to -- in the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.