1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I suppose you could try to argue that most of the rapes don't take place in the big cities (coincidentally, all run by Democrats for the last 70 years). Either that or you could admit that a lot of those Democratic "votes" in those heavily Democratic cities don't represent actual people.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's trolling posts like this that make the Yosemite Sam meme about you accurate.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't know why I'm weighing in on this again.

The line of questions that elicited the possible perjury and the topic of the possible perjury do not lessen the effect of the possible perjury because of the context of the case.
    A woman who is sexually harassed has a right to justice. She has recourse. Paula Jones pursued that through a civil case.
    Implying that perjury in that context is unimportant because it is about sex - I just don't understand that. It implies that sexual harassment is not serious.

I did not understand the moral outrage of Clinton's opponents. I did not and do not care about his legal sexual behavior or the state of his marriage.
    What bothered me, and I'm only speaking for myself here, is the tendency of Clinton defenders to belittle the perjury allegation because it was about sex.
    It was a sexual harassment case. The line of questioning was salient and germane in that context. One cannot brush it aside because it was about sex unless one is contending that sexual harassment is somehow unimportant. If he sexually harassed the plaintiff and then perjured himself during the trial, that is an attempt to deny the plaintiff her legal recourse.

I do not understand attempts to belittle the possible perjury because the possible lie was about sex.

I'm not sure how important any of that is to the current election, especially considering the November result seems to be assured already. Further, Jones settled the case, and Clinton's impeachment resulted in acquittal.

It is just something that bothered me at the time, and it still bothers me when people continue to brush it aside because it was about sex. That implies that sexual harassment is not serious.

I do not come at this from a moral perspective seeking to assess someone's legal sexual behavior or fidelity in marriage. Neither point holds any importance to me.

OK, I promise not to post about this anymore.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sigh.

It's really all us vs. them with you. Isn't it?

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From FBI crime statistics, of the 14 states with the highest rates of rape, 10 voted Republican in 2012.

Change the List: States where rape is most common - CNN.com

It's dumb to follow you down into your stupidity, but that seems relevant.

I feel bad for what talk radio has done to you. I don't think you were this kind of person before the last 20 years.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

CNN backing away from its story -- which no one else has confirmed.

9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that OT's leader, Charlie Sykes, has spent the last year ripping Trump a new one on a daily basis. OT must be so confused...That no good bush whackin' barracuda, that's what I get for trustin' a rabbit...

LongTimeListener likes this.
  10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Ahhh no they are not. They say clearly that the story is accurate but that the twitter post shorthanded it and left out the word campaign.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Which raises the question: why the flaming hell didn't they speak to Fucko himself (as opposed to his flunkies)?

Dumpf's foofs weren't the ones who got up publicly in a crowded auditorium and called for assassination of the opposing candidate. Fucko was.

At the very least, Pimple Dick should have been told straight out by the Secret Service, "ok, shit for brains, that was your one mulligan. The next time you explicitly incite violence from the stage, we're hauling your ass off in cuffs."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.