1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Money owed is ransom money?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You haven't made one.

7. doctorquant

Sure I have. You wrote 'em off as just another "inconsequential" interest group the distasteful targeting of which has, until now, propped up the GOP's electoral success. Then when I pointed out that Herself is targeting the same group, suddenly you changed your tune. It's not the targeting, you say, it's how the targeting's been done.

It's not that big a deal, other than being just another instance of your single standard: That which my opponent does is wrong, but if my gal is doing it, it's right, because she does the right things.

By the way, I think you're wrong when you say Herself's targeting is somehow less cynical than Trump's. She knows damn good and well that what she's promising (re: free trade) she can't deliver.

8. cranberry

Didn't change a thing nor do I take back anything I said. I made the distinction between the candidates' policies toward less-educated, underemployed white people well before you suggested they were somehow the same. If you think it's wrong to "target" that demographic, you're wrong about that, too.

And I don't think there's anything HRC's proposed that's the least bit outlandish or undeliverable. If anything, people have been disappointed that HRC has only offered pragmatic, incremental change. She acknowledges the limits of presidential policy making and the realities of Congressional obstructionism.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  9. doctorquant

Yeah, see, I debated whether I needed to add a prophylactic sentence, and I see that I did. Even if Herself has a Democratic House and Senate, she can't do with free trade what she's promising to do. And you know why? Because free trade in pursuit of those aims ain't free trade.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

LOL

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. cranberry

If you're talking about HRC's concerns regarding Chinese currency manipulation, dumping and rules of origin, we'll need to disagree. I think all of those things, while difficult issues, need to be addressed. I also don't agree that addressing them negates the principles of free trade.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SNL skit in the making ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.