1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I feel like at some point the campaign will have to part with Katrina.

And that will Make America Suck Again.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Would it change anything for you? No. But, you're not the target audience.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Derp Thoughts by Ace Handy

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Gotcha.

So there is a group of undecided voters out there who are willing to forget that the Birther-In-Chief assured us his investigators are finding interesting and surprising things in Hawaii, all which will be revealed when their digging is complete?

Who are these people, and how do we get them to disengage from the political process?

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

There's a group of center-right voters who are programmed to vote GOP who are most likely going to stay home for this election, which will hand it to HRC. If there's any way they can be persuaded that Trump won't completely sink the ship before being challenged in a primary in 2020, they'll hold their noses and vote Trump (and probably straight-ticket GOP.) That's the voter that at which any "pivot" is aimed. He has the True Supporters; he has thoroughly lost the center-left who might be tempted to consider the "right" Republican candidate. He needs turnout, and that turnout is the center-right nose-holders who'd rather stay home than vote HRC.

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

You're a point short with that plan.

8. YankeeFan

In four polls out this week, Clinton is at 41% in three of them, and at 39% in the fourth.

It's pretty clear that there are voters looking for an alternative.

9. YankeeFan

FOX reporting that Manafort has resigned.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Too bad. He loved to win.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that most of that is accurate enough, and that a typical presidential candidate would agree and try to continue that process.

Trump has shown no sign of that. He's been impulsive, an ADHD candidate, with his mouth running far in front of his thoughts, or perhaps directly from his first thoughts directly to his lips, without consulting his higher thought processes. I think it is only matter of time until he goes right back to what we've seen repeatedly throughout the campaign. Sooner or later (probably soonish) something will tweak his temper or his ego and he'll be right back to tweeting something that is ill-considered. It's who he is, and I see no reason to think he'll change at this point in his life.

Manafort is a shrewd strategist who is used to dealing with powerful megalomaniacs, and he couldn't make much of a dent. I can't see where putting a Breitbart bombthrower into a senior advisory position is going to turn Trump into something resembling a normal politician who tries to pump up his supporters while not alienating the rest of the country wholesale. I give it three days, max.

12. YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.