1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Like doing kegels?

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just to keep it real, before Obamacare our health insurance provider changed every year or two with our work plan. So most Americans never really could expect to keep the same plan year after year if they liked it.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Alleged scandals.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Conway isn't known as a flamethrower.

Bannon is at Breitbart. But, that doesn't mean he will when selling Trump. He's a guy who's made "documentaries" about Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin. He knows how to create and package an image.

And, if Trump wins, he's a player. He's not going to burn down the campaign to prove a point. He wants to win.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Their political careers do seem to have really taken off after that.

Lugnuts and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

I have no doubt about that. This election should be a referendum on Hillary Clinton, if you're Donald Trump. Every second that he doesn't make it a referendum on Hillary Clinton is a wasted second.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And framing the discussion re: free trade that way involves either economic illiteracy, cynical pandering, or both. Which takes us right back to square one: In the matter of free trade, Herself's campaigning is neither aesthetically nor practically different from Trump's.

She is, of course, wildly different from Trump in myriad other ways. But not in this matter.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's a tiny snippet of what she's discussed relative to the topic of trade, on which, as I mentioned last night, there is plenty of daylight between their positions. Trump has positioned himself as an extreme protectionist/isolationist with his promised tariffs on Mexican and Chinese goods.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

BTW, @Dick Whitman, several times this week, Trump has attributed the problems in the African-Amercan community to... policy failures.

Far from dropping the "N" word to appeal to racists, he's talking about making the American Dream available for everyone.

That's a pretty radical departure from your predictions.

10. Dick Whitman

Not once did I predict that he would say the N-word. In fact, I am on the record consistently clarifying that I don't even think he thinks that way.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

But it's not a referendum on Hillary Clinton, else the choice would be "Hillary Clinton or Nothing."

It's a choice between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, which - despite her warts (metaphorical warts, not the ones she caught from Bill) - is no choice at all.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I have no doubt of his effectiveness in creating an image that appeals to those already in the echo chamber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.