1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's remarkable how easily that fact gets lost. Hate HRC all you want, but try to think clearly about the alternative. Jeezus.

Lugnuts likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Should people just forget the last year of Trump because he's had one good week? He could potentially fake it for a month or two but people have seen who he is and what he would be like where he could just be his charming self.

Tarheel316 and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, such a serious pivot by Trump.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't "Jeezus" me. I'm saying what Trump's best strategy should be, and I'm right.

Songbird likes this.
  5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

I don't know that people should forget the last year. But people are dumb, and people will. That's what's important.

JC likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And that strategy will work on a percentage of voters. It's the only way he has even small chance of winning.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Exactly why the HRC camp can't afford to go into the nickel defense.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Once again we are seeing the phenomenon that whenever the races tightens a bit in national polls, it's because Clinton's numbers go down, not that Trump's go up. I submit (could well be wrong) that a significant percentage of voters, facing what they regard as a distasteful if probably necessary choice, are putting it off as long as possible, since they know the Nov. 8 deadline is months away.

10. Dick Whitman

He's going to come after her hard. And not nicknames and Monica jokes, either. But, at some point, there will be a steady drumbeat of Clinton scandal recaps.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's see.

The last couple of days have been the least bombastic of the campaign.

He's stuck to the script/stayed on the TelePrompTer. The speeches have been better, and he's shown a softer side.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Adding a woman and a pollster to a top position is also an important change. It will bring a perspective that's lacking.

If Trump can bring back some white, college educated, women into the fold, it will go a long way towards closing the gap between himself and Clinton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.