1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You seem pretty miserable so it must be true.

And, by the way, we have had Republican presidents in the past, as I recall. What did they do for the blacks?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think he was referring to the idea that, generally, Trump would have lawyers in his administration.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A Veterans for Trump guy is pleading guilty for his role in the Bundy Ranch standoff.

NH man set to plead guilty in Nevada rancher standoff

I'm sure just like Dinesh D'Souza and Terry Lakin, he'll still claim he was railroaded by a vindictive Obama administration.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How many of Bill and Hillary's campaign bundlers have gone to jail over the years?

To act like this guy is some intimate of Trump's is silly. He joined a support group.

5. Smallpotatoes

We're not talking about Clinton here.

He pleaded guilty, You don't plead guilty of you're not.

6. YankeeFan

Well, that's not always true.

It's also besides the point. Trump couldn't pick this guy out of a lineup. Trump has no relationship with the guy.

Meanwhile, plenty of bundlers for Bill and Hillary have gone to jail over the years, and these were people who were close to the Clintons.

7. Smallpotatoes

And what does Clinton have to do with any of this?

I'm surprised you didn't bring up this false equivalence after the posts about Joe Arapio facing criminal contempt charges.
    That is, after all, your schtick.
    You disappoint me.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nobody close to Trump - no business associates or personal friends - has ever gone to jail?

9. YankeeFan

Have no idea.

None that have tried to buy political influence from him that I'm aware of.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you would have bothered to read the linked column, it has nothing to do with presidents.

Try to be informed once in a while.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that so many of the people I knew in high school are so involved in the campaign!

Racism and talk of religious war: Trump staff's online posts

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump’s paid campaign staffers have declared on their personal social media accounts that Muslims are unfit to be U.S. citizens, mocked how Mexicans talk, called for Secretary of State John Kerry to be hanged and stated their readiness for a possible civil war, according to a review by The Associated Press of their postings.

12. YankeeFan

Now do Hillary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.