1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The "Clinton crime bill" - passed with overwhelming bipartisan support - and the "Clinton welfare bill" - introduced by John Kasich and passed by Republicans in a party-line vote - are your two best examples of racist Democrat policies?

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

At least they're engaged and informed.
    Clinton crime bill was one of the most racists bills ever. The long term effects on the black community were disasterous

3. Earthman

Who signed them into law? Do you think that Obama would have signed either?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Black people! Stop voting for the lady I don't like! Don't you know I know better than you?

5. Justin_Rice

Hey that's fine - Bill Clinton did.

But let me know what I'm missing:

1. YankeeFan claims blacks should vote Republican because of the Democrats' history of racist policies which have kept black people down.

2. When asked "what racist policies" you point out two bills which had overwhelming, near-unanimous Republican support.

3. Therefore blacks should vote Republican because all they did was vote to enact these racist Democrat laws .... at least they didn't sign them.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Earthman

OK I'll play. Have the Clinton's policies overall been a help or hindrance to the black community?

7. Earthman

What democratic policies have helped the black community?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Black people! Keep voting for us! Don't you know we're the ones who've helped you do so well?

9. Justin_Rice

I'm going to go with, "The policy whereas the Democratic party didn't embrace the Southern Strategy and will vote for African-Americans to serve as Representatives in Congress and the White House."

That's a pretty good one to start with.

10. Big Circus

I'm not talking about policies. I'm talking about the fact that an overwhelming majority of black people chose Clinton in the primaries and are likely to choose her in the general, and have chosen Democrats for years. But clearly they'd make different decisions if only they'd defer to higher-level thinkers like Earthman and YF (and now, I see, quant)!

11. Big Circus

Democratic Party. Don't do YF's work for him.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

#BLM loudly exclaims that the situation for African-Americans, especially in the inner city, is in crisis.

The media agrees and gives them a platform to air their grievances. Leaders of the movement meet with the President at the White House.

Donald Trump points out the same thing, and people melt down. He gets push pack against how he has described the problems in the inner city. We're told about the great African-American middle class, and how crime rates are at an all time low.

So, which is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.