1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm just curious why no one has said she has a very pleasant temperament. Does no one believe it?

And, why are no Dems interested in exploring the issue?

I would think the contrast between her and Trump would be a winner.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if she has a pleasant temperament. What matters is that her temperament won't start World War III.

3. YankeeFan

Interesting.

But, I've got to say, the whole idea that Trump will, "start World War III," is ridiculous, and a recycled charge, previously made against Reagan.

4. Baron Scicluna

""I said very simply: they're not gonna do it on my watch, essentially," Trump said of his interview. "I said Russia will not go into Ukraine. I said that. When I said, 'Believe me, Russia's not going into Ukraine, alright?' They're not going into Ukraine. The person said, 'But they're already in Ukraine.' I said, 'Well that was two years ago. 'I mean—do you want to go back? Do you want to have World War III to get it back?"

Trump asks if Americans want a world war over Crimea

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

He's specifically saying he wouldn't wage WWIII in order to get back Crimea.

It's the exact opposite of what your early post said he would do.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I never said that, for the record.

I think it's healthy and good for conservatives to make a conservative pitch. And ultimately I could see such a pitch making quite a bit of headway.

What is not healthy and not constructive, and is in fact, cringeworthy, is for a verbally-challenged demagogue with no discernible grasp of policy to make a tone deaf plea of "What the hell do you have to lose?"

heyabbott likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are actions that can be taken short of war. Trump said Russia was not going to go in there, apparently forgetting that it had already done so. Then he twisted himself into a rhetorical pretzel trying to cover for his error. You should know how he feels given the pretzel you are twisting yourself into while trying to turn that fiasco into a positive for your chosen candidate.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Go ahead and examine it... go nuts.

Yes please, make this race about her temperament !

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The other flaws in this argument have already been pointed out, but of course, you ignore them.

But to answer your question, there is no need for Democrats to dig into this one. They are already winning on this issue and Trump has shown no sign of being able to improve his image in this area.

Of course, the media is a different matter, but they haven't really dug into either candidate. They are just taking what Trump gives them and reacting. With Clinton, they aren't digging into temperament. They are digging into matters of integrity.

10. Baron Scicluna

And yet he blamed Obama for losing the Crimea.

So what should Obama have done?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If Donald Trump wants to have a debate about who has the temperament, and judgment, to serve as the next Commander-in-Chief, that’s a debate I’m ready to have.

If anyone is going to plagiarize a speech, maybe Hillary ought to consider it.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There are no circumstances, not set of criteria, there is nothing that would make Clinton less desirable to me as President if Trump is the other option. I don't care if she murdered Vince Foster on video and bragged about it while putting a roofie in Broderick's drink while Bill raped her.
    Trump is ill suited to run a public company. He's like a pedophile meth addict who is about to own Disneyworld.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.