1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If they defended both publications, I would applaud their consistency, and willingness to call bullshit on both parties.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. You have consistently proven your standards for journalism and information gathering to be far more lenient when Democrats are the target.

But thank you for finally responding to the actual content of my posts. I don't believe you, but at least you stopped ducking the issue.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ask the WaPo.

You must be enjoying this angle to the race since it combines your favorite buttons to push - the media, Islam and Democrats.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Breitbart is 100.000000 percent propaganda bullshit. Period.

The flagship of the Right Wing Screech Machine.

End of fucking story.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The bolded part wouldn't "prove" the piece wrong. Even if you stipulate that they're reputable sources, that wouldn't be proof. You need to either: A) develop a far greater understanding of epistemology; or B) dial back some of your "you didn't prove it" bits.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Prove I'm not being truthful. LOL.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm going to be just 15 minutes away ...

I don't think that you're being untruthful. Don't think that's ever been the problem.

You just make it too hard on yourself with all the noise. If you can state why Donald Trump is a viable candidate for president, strip away all the garbage, all the one-news cycle gotchas, you might have something.

But you seem to be unable to do that.

Again, only muddying the waters with that approach. It IS an either/or proposition. You want the Johnsons and Steins of the world to be taken seriously, then don't prop up their parties once every four years. Win some down-ballot races. Win some local races. But they can't just stop in and cash in.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So it's settled, we all agree. Trump cheats at golf. Let's move the debate forward. Does Melania have a boyfriend and does Donald know? #cuckold

9. outofplace

Your posting history did that for me. Thank you for that.

Is it somebody putting words in your mouth that you don't like? You don't think it is fair for me to argue what you would do under different circumstances? Great. Then stop doing those things to others and stop standing by Tony when he does it. Thank you.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

oop's getting better. He thanks people now.

11. outofplace

Actually, I expected YF to give me an OOPbot for that one because it isn't new. One example being,"Thank you for contributing nothing to the discussion."

jr/shotglass likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This was as re: the EpiPen kerfuffle, but I thought it was pretty good ...

The Politics of Anaphylaxis

Hokie_pokie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.