1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Mrs. Clinton is a bum and a crook who used the State Department as a funnel to guide the money of favor-seeking business interests at home and abroad into the Clinton Foundation, a sham charity that exists to pay six-figure salaries to Clintons (Chelsea is full-time executive there) and their courtiers.

Do you find this part "pretty good"? Because I would discount any article that contains this many clearly false statements (and this is just one sentence). The family is not paid a salary and even those that are critical of the "pay for play" admit that the foundation does great work and has saved lives. You are better than this Quant.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is there no Gallup Tracking Poll for this election? I keep looking for it and have not seen it issued yet.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think it would have been "pretty good" if he'd broken that up into two sentences. Otherwise, I have to say that it's merely OK.

old_tony likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Then how come the same logic does not apply when it comes to Trump fringe endorsements?

old_tony likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So what if they do good work?

Jerry Sandusky's charity received awards for its good work. Should we view it as a net good?

The Clintons are multi-millionaires. Would you like to tell me how much money the foundation had paid for their chartered aircraft, five star hotels, and high end restaurants?

The Foundation also allowed the Clintons to keep folks like Huma Abadin and Sid Blumenthal in their personal employ without having to pay them.

The idea that the Foundation hasn't benefited them, because they don't draw a salary is laughable.

old_tony likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think Gallup waits to begin tracking until after Labor Day when it actually starts to matter a little.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think they flopped so badly in 2008 that they stopped doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.