1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

At the time of this financial devastation for the Clintons, when they would actually have to pay for their own housing and childcare, with Bill bringing on only $55,000, Hillary was already a partner at one of Arkansas' top law firms, which represented clients like Walmart and Tyson Foods.

God I admire her perseverance through tough times.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You sure do whine a lot. :cool:

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Find one if you like. How long was Hillary Clinton Willey's boss? Refresh my memory.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hillary was never involved in any of Bill's sex scandals. I'm not sure she even knew about them.

old_tony likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Barbara Res appears to have turned on Trump only when Trump became the Republican nominee for President.

Kathleen Willey soured on Bill Clinton when she came to him for help, looking to move from an unpaid volunteer position, to a paid job, because her husband was having a tough time, and was dealing with depression (it turns out that he committed suicide this very day), and instead of getting any help, she got groped.

Politics appears to have nothing to do with Willey's change of heart, and everything to do with Res'.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why don't you read my post again?

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The Hamburglar increased their operating costs to unsustainable levels.

8. YankeeFan

Let's look at two women, facing financial peril, and how each was treated.

Kathleen Willey goes to Bill Clinton for help, and gets sexually assaulted.

Hillary Clinton works the phones, calling wealth friends. She's able to get some help, and her husband finds a law firm willing to pay him $55,000 while he campaigns to get back in the Governor's mansion.

Mr. Clinton had turned down out-of-state job offers in academia and Democratic politics, and instead took the only offer he had in Arkansas, to serve “of counsel” for $55,000 a year at the Wright, Lindsey & Jennings law firm, where Mr. Clinton’s longtime adviser Bruce R. Lindsey was a partner.

But he spent most of his time on the road, often accompanied by Mr. Lindsey, trying to win back the hearts of voters.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As I said, go find a Willey tweet. Let us judge them on their merits. Free market of ideas, etc.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hell, our Waffle House closed this month, which I didn't think was possible in the South.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When a McDonald's closes, it deprives the Fry Kids their scholarships.

Big Circus likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Come on, YF, we can only speak for ourselves -- and any person who says something we think is cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.