1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He didn't get any top folks at first because no one thought he would run, and if he did fun, it would be a joke, and he would drop out quickly. He certainly wasn't going to win.

Plus, he's cheap. Much better to sign on with one of the other 16 candidates, or one of their super PACs. Mike Murphy made a fortune burning through Jeb Bush's super PAC's millions, attacking Marco Rubio.

A lot of professional campaign operatives are now in the #NeverTrump camp, for a number of reasons. Some are bitter about the primary campaign. Some are worried that a Trump win will show how irrelevant traditional campaign staff are.

There's also a lot of pressure in the industry to not go work for Trump. People are worried about being blackballed. And some are just being loyal to former employers like Jeb & George Bush, and Mitt Romney, who Trump has criticized, and who have not endorsed Trump.

If you're in one camp, you don't switch without permission being granted, for fear of being labeled disloyal.

If Trump wins, a lot of that goes out the window.

Lots of folks want to work in an administration. Not joining Trump now is a way of preserving that viability in a future administration.

People will work in a President Trump administration.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Behind every double standard there's a single standard ... Here, I'll show you how to do it using set notation ...

Let A be the set of actions of which I approve. Let X be the set of politicians of whom I approve. Finally, let j|z signify action j taken by actor z.

1. If q ∈ X then j|q ∈ A for ∀j
    2a. If q ∉ X then j|q ∉
    A for ∀j
    2b. If q ∉ X then j|q ∈ A for ∀j ≡ j ∈ A|X for ∀k ⊂ X

3. YankeeFan

Dick, when you look at Monica Lewinsky, Paula Jones, Kathlene Willey and Jaunita Broadderick -- all women who Bill and Hillary tried to brand as liars -- they had confided in friends, in real time, about their interaction(s) with Bill Clinton.

They all continue to harbor resentment against both Clintons to this day.

Barbara Res never bad mouthed Donald Trump to anyone until she sought to capitalize on his campaign by publishing a book about him.

4. YankeeFan

Republicans on SJ.com: Bill Clinton is a rapist, and Hillary Clinton enabled his years of sexual assaults, in part by taking part in attacking the character of his victims?

Dems on SJ.com? Is Bill Clinton's name going to be on the ballot in November? (Alternate reply: ok, I won't vote for Bill Clinton in November.)

(Minutes Later)

Dems on SJ.com: Trump's campaign manager has been accused of saying something nasty about Jews 20 years ago!!

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Classy tweet. (Also, if you told me Trump was going to tweet about Wade, I'd have put the chances of him spelling his name right at about .0001 percent.)

6. YankeeFan

The Trump campaign says Bannon and his ex get along well currently.

7. YankeeFan

Oof.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Only Ivana Trump's real-time allegations don't count.

9. YankeeFan

When was the alleged rape, and when was the deposition?

Who did she tell about it at the time?

10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

So if Obama could evolve on gay marriage how come trump can't evolve on immigration?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Kept that bitch in line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.