1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I just wanted it stated for the record for those who might not have bothered to read the story.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Paula Jones was an early inductee into the club of people defamed by David Brock. She did not seek publicity, nor to profit off of Bill Clinton's run for President:

The occasion was his original American Spectator story, published last Christmas, that bequeathed the revolting word "Troopergate" to the American language. Paula Jones made her first appearance in this 11,000-word treatise, in which Arkansas troopers gave their Peeping Tom accounts of alleged gubernatorial misadventures and Mr. Brock decried Hillary Clinton's alleged use of troopers "to fetch feminine napkins."

Known only as "Paula" in Mr. Brock's article, she is alleged to have met Mr. Clinton in a Little Rock hotel room. Afterwards, Mr. Brock wrote, "the trooper said Paula told him she was available to be Clinton's regular girlfriend if he so desired."

This account of the encounter contradicts the accusations Mrs. Jones makes in her public statements and court papers. There is no hint of sexual harassment -- in fact Mrs. Jones comes across as a consenting adult -- and there isn't even any direct statement that a sexual advance, encouraged or angrily rejected, occurred behind closed doors.

It was not until February, seven weeks after the Brock "Troopergate" story was published, that Mrs. Jones held a Washington press conference detailing her case of sexual harassment. She said that she was the "Paula" in Mr. Brock's story, but that the story was inaccurate. She added that she decided to make her charges public precisely because The American Spectator's account was wrong, defaming her.

Journal; The Real Paula Jones?

3. YankeeFan

It's fun to go back and look at some of the original reporting.

Kathleen Willey accused Clinton of an "unwelcome sexual advance"? Really? Is that what she accused him of? Did he try to kiss her on the lips, and she turned her head?

The settlement foreclosed the possibility that Clinton's personal life would be reopened for public inspection at a sensational trial had the lawsuit dismissed in April been reinstated, as many lawyers involved believed it would be. It also may help the president's allies defend him against independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr's allegations that he lied and obstructed justice during the case, while providing a new opportunity for the White House to cut a separate deal with Congress to drop impeachment proceedings.

Just hours before the settlement was inked yesterday, Starr sent new evidence to the House Judiciary Committee stemming from a witness in the Jones case, Kathleen E. Willey, who also accused Clinton of an unwelcome sexual advance.

washingtonpost.com: Jones v. Clinton Special Report

4. YankeeFan

Those damn UVa FratBros, making unwanted sexual advances on poor freshman Jackie.

How dare they.

5. YankeeFan

Sounds like a simple misunderstanding.

Willey didn't realize that every favor the Clintons grant comes with a price:

Q. Did Mr. Clinton ever seek to take either of your hands and place it on his body anyplace?

A. Yes.

Q. Please describe that. . . .

A. He put his hands – he put my hands on his genitals.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Try as I might, I can't grasp how that shooting will get African-Americans to vote for him. Or how he could think that was a good tweet.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Every tragedy is becoming "See I told you. Now vote for me."

Double Down likes this.
  8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Thanks to Yank I am learning so many new things. Bill Clinton is a womanizer? This new info will cause me to reconsider Trump.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

A womanizer? Really?

Are these the actions of a womanizer:

WILLEY: Well, he -- he said he would do everything that he could to -- to -- to help, and I turned around and -- out of the -- out of the office, and he followed me to -- I thought he was going to open the door to the -- to the Oval office, and right as we got to the door, he stopped and he gave me a big hug and said that he was very sorry that this was happening to me.

And -- I had -- had no problem with that, because when I saw -- every time I saw him, he would hug me.

He use -- just does that, is like that.

And, I remember I had -- still had this coffee cup in my hand, and it was kind of in between us, and I didn't want it to spill on him or me, and -- and it just was this -- it was just very strange. And he -- he took the coffee cup out of my hand and he put it on a bookshelf, and -- and -- he -- this hug lasted a little longer than I thought necessary, but at the same time -- I mean, I was not concerned about it. And then he -- then he -- and then he kissed me on -- on my mouth, and -- and pulled me closer to him. And -- I remember thinking -- I just remember thinking, "what in the world is he doing?" I -- it -- I just thought, "what is he doing?" And, I -- I pushed back away from him, and -- he -- he -- he -- he -- he's a big man.

And he -- he had his arms -- they were tight around me, and he -- he -- he touched me.

BRADLEY: Touched you how?

WILLEY: Well, he -- he -- he touched my breasts with his hand, and, I -- I -- I -- I was -- I -- I was just startled.

I was -- I was just...

BRADLEY: This -- this wasn't an accidental grazing touch?

WILLEY: No.

And -- then he -- whispered -- he -- he -- said in -- in my ears that, "I -- I've wanted to do this ever since I laid eyes on you." And -- I remember -- I remember saying to him, "aren't you afraid that somebody's going to walk in here?" The -- and, he said -- he said, "no. No, I'm -- no, I'm not." And -- and then -- and -- and then he took my hand, and he -- and he put it on him. And, that's when I pushed away from him and -- and decided it was time to get out of there.

BRADLEY: When you say he took your hand...

WILLEY: Right.

BRADLEY: ... and put it on him...

WILLEY: Hum-hum.

BRADLEY: Where on him?

WILLEY: On -- on his genitals.

BRADLEY: Was he a -- aroused?

WILLEY: Yes.

BRADLEY: He was.

WILLEY: Yes.

Transcript of Interview With Kathleen Willey

11. YankeeFan

Look, believe the multiple accusers of Bill Clinton, or don't believe them, but let's be clear what their allegations are.

Bill Clinton has been accused of rape and sexual assault. Rape and Sexual assault.

Not of being a flirt. Not of being a womanizer. Not of making "unwanted sexual advances".

Rape and sexual assault.

And, Hillary has been accused of helping to destroy the reputations of the woman who accused him.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.