1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Where's a real doctor's exam, while we're at it? Not one where all his tests come back positive?

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Looks like YF had to run ... :cool:

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Don't you have to attend to your wife and/or kids every once in a while?

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

No, I lost their address. You?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dr. Drew was busy, so ...

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what they want me to say!

"Yeah, release your damn taxes Trump!"

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And when's he going to learn how to properly use a reflexive pronoun?

8. Neutral Corner

Trump's a celebrity. Surely they could have gotten Dr. Oz.

Lugnuts likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is he pending an indictment for tax fraud. #peoplearetalking

10. Neutral Corner

Perhaps there should be a Congressional hearing or a special prosecutor.

11. Neutral Corner

Maybe seven Congressional investigations would be better. Bet they'd find something.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Only slightly related — and you take this as it's meant, a genuine surprise, and less as a gotcha zinger — but I am really surprised Trump's answer to Maureen Dowd asking if anyone he'd ever slept with had an abortion just never became a thing, even for a day. This is why I am truly baffled by the Christian Coalition's embrace of him. I truly don't care if Trump impregnated Princess Diana or Carla Bruni and paid for an abortion. I don't even care as a gotcha. There are a thousand other reasons to dislike him, and his revolving door of positions on abortion is pretty far down on my list. But how does someone whose MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE is abortion read this exchange and think "This guy, I want to vote for him!"

DOWD:

Given his draconian comment, sending women back to back alleys, I had to ask: When he was a swinging bachelor in Manhattan, was he ever involved with anyone who had an abortion?

“Such an interesting question,” he said. “So what’s your next question?”

Obviously that would not be in his detailed medical records. But it made me think of it.

*And yes, YF, maybe someone should have asked Bill the same. Let's stipulate that and move on from that counterpoint.

For all Trump's awfulness, the one thing I almost admire about him is that he answers questions, often (usually) to his own detriment. (Even his non-answer here on abortion is sort of an answer. I realize it seems like a contradiction, but for someone who lies so effortlessly, it's weird he didn't just lie here, right?)

Maybe it's an ego thing, the need to answer. (It's probably an ego thing.) But I still almost admire it. Like the Harambe stuff. Such a ridiculous question, and most candidates would have brushed it off and said "That's not really something I care to comment on at this time"

But Trump had, like, this long answer! He effortlessly waded right into the Internet's stupid game. So fascinating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.