1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Verbatim?

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Heck, the various beat writers of the local NFL team share the job for press conferences. Each one takes a certain portion, transcribes it and e-mails it to the others. That way they all have a complete transcript of the entire press conference while only having to do a fraction of the work.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes.

4. Dick Whitman

Why?

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If I'm not writing on deadline, it's way easier for me to have the entire interview typed out so I can see the context and what is said and can pull out quotes I want to use and paste them where I want them to go. It's just a pain (for me) to have to go searching through a recording to find something I want once I've started writing. All of it is already there in the file.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Obama's "opposition" to gay marriage wasn't really the selling point that blacks snd Latinos hinged their support on. Not exactly the same as Trump walking back his immigration stance. You knew that too. Spare us the sophistry, champ.

7. Dick Whitman

Your continuing stance seems to be that Trump shouldn't have to hold a position on anything, ever.

Why are you supporting him, again?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

For the record, I didn't make that wager just to make you go away.

Besides, I agree, it'll be more fun mocking you to your face when I'm shown to be right.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It would seem to me that a defining part of character would be taking a stand and holding it when it is unpopular. Kaepernick is doing that, even if the whole thing is very clumsy.

There does not seem to be any issue that Trump can't flip on.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"Publicizing" is the job of PR companies. "Reporting" is the job of media. There's a big difference, and we've got an idiot who doesn't understand the difference running the State Department.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What are you even talking about?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, if Obama wasn't against gay marriage, and it wouldn't have cost him any votes, why didn't he come out for it during the 2008 campaign?

Don't kid yourself. He purposely mislead a portion of his voter -- not different than Trump. And, when he flipped, the media didn't take glee in mocking the dumb voters that believed is original position.

But, they are thrilled to make fun of the dumb, racist voters who actually believed Trump would delete every single one of the 12 million illegals here.

And, honestly, this is part of Trump's point when he says, "what do you have to lose." Democrats sell out their poor voters all the time, and don't get called on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.