1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why did he lie, if it would not have cost him votes?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Obama lied during the 2008 campaign. As president, he did more to advance gay rights than all the other presidents combined.

Ace likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I take him at his word, just like Rob Portman.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump doesn't really have any true beliefs (except wanting to be in the limelight).

Oddly, some people think that's a good thing.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It didn't "make your case." It shows the mental gymnastics you and El Rushbo are willing to engage in to support this traveshamockery of a Republican candidate.

Also, I do it because Trump supporters are mouth-breathing idiots. I'm not talking the "anybody but Clinton" folks. I'm talking about the dyed-in-the-wool fanboi loosers of Donald J. Trump. They are stupid. It's undeniable.

6. MisterCreosote

You're right, for the most part.

But his stance on immigration is literally what his entire candidacy was built on. And his "kick them out and build a wall" shtick goes back years.

Remember CPAC a few years ago? When he said there are too many illegal Mexicans here and that's a problem because they all vote Democrat, and we should start letting more white Europeans in to counterbalance that?

It's irreversibly woven into the fabric of his campaign, whether he likes it or not. No matter how much he tries to "pivot."

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've been in many a transcription pool myself. They're quite common nowadays -- at least for the big media room interviews.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Right. True. Fine.

But, why wasn't there a round of mockery from the media directed at the suckers who believed Obama in 2008? Why doesn't the media ever mock the dumb African-American voters who get duped the way they mock the dumb redneck voters when they get duped.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

John Kerry's cluelessness. Try to keep up.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Because the Democratic Party doesn't dupe African American voters. The platform of the party and broader interests of the African American demographic overlap in a greater way than the GOP and African American interests. Not that blacks are a homogeneous political group. Rednecks are beneficiaries of the welfare state to an extent they refuse to understand. Their interests, economically, diverge from the GOP. But they are not duped either. The GOP panders to their irrational beliefs not their economic beliefs. The GOP is quite upfront, I'm going to give your boss tax breaks and allow them the freedom necessary for them to make more money. If you love Jesus your boss might trickle down some benefits to you.

11. MisterCreosote

Probably because Obama DID support civil unions, which is really only semantically different. And, he clearly said he viewed marriage as a religious institution, but supported identical rights for gay couples, only granted secularly.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Poor African-Americans can't even get mocked right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.