1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know no such thing and neither do you, but like YF, you are happy to make shit up. No wonder you have warmed so much to Trump.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, this one is ridiculous even for you.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Factchecking. We have to turn in full transcripts.

Pics, notes, etc., too.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nah, it was just his first demand in a shrewd negotiation.

Plus the voters seem really upset that the negotiation didn't work. That 52 percent approval rating is really upsetting.

champ_kind likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've had to turn in all that stuff to fact-checking at the University alumni mag, but not a full transcript. Just whatever notes I took.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Regarding the NYT and transcripts ... they were only too happy to publish the full transcript of Trump's NATO comments to prove he and Manafort were lying about not having made those statements. It's certainly within bounds to wonder why they wouldn't also supply the transcripts in the case of these people who say they were misquoted.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Under an Obamacare plan?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

A lot of magazines require full audio files. Not transcripts, but the actual recording. No ours, but many do. I think GQ is one.

An ex-girlfriend of mine was a fact checker (they call them researchers) at The New Yorker. She said they won't even let factual mistakes appear in their fiction. She wrote this piece for the Awl about fact-checking an Alice Munro story.

How To Fact-Check Alice Munro

It's one reason the errors in the Gay Talese "Voyer" piece surprised me, that the guy didn't own the hotel for many years before buying it back.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's a personal approval rating. People generally like Obama. Certainly most Democrats (and Democrat aligned independents), which alone gets you pretty close to 50%, which is right around where his approval rating is.

But, where's the suddenly underreported right track/wrong track number?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.